• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pedro5d4

Pedro5d4
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 04:24 PM

Where to start..

I actualy tried this too many times, but all of them went bad saying "comm2.exe has stoped working"

i try to install diferent updates like 1.44 and 1.45. also tried instaling in the legacy folder (i have commandos on steam). Also tried changing the pack (2 to 3).

i dont know what to do more than this...

Attached Thumbnails

• stoped working.png

#2 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:12 AM

Where to start..

I actualy tried this too many times, but all of them went bad saying "comm2.exe has stoped working"

i try to install diferent updates like 1.44 and 1.45. also tried instaling in the legacy folder (i have commandos on steam). Also tried changing the pack (2 to 3).

i dont know what to do more than this...

Have you tried DP 2.0? This is the latest version and it contains a new updated exe so maybe it will work.

Edited by SirRH, 17 March 2020 - 11:12 AM.

#3 Pedro5d4

Pedro5d4
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 01:35 PM

Nope didnt work...

#4 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 04:29 PM

Assuming you're using Windows 10, try enabling Directplay if you haven't done so already. Enabling this gets a few older games to start in Windows 10 

Follow this tutorial if you are not sure how to enable it. 

Also did Commandos 2 work fine before you installed Destination Paris? Which version of Commandos 2 do you have? Steam, gog, original cd or other? 

Edited by SirRH, 17 March 2020 - 04:32 PM.

#5 Pedro5d4

Pedro5d4
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:40 PM

Iit worked before yes, i play some missions before, i have the 1.2 vanilla, i have steam version. And btw i had the option of directPlay on all this time.

#6 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:07 AM

Iit worked before yes, i play some missions before, i have the 1.2 vanilla, i have steam version. And btw i had the option of directPlay on all this time.

I've heard for the steam version you need to install it to the legacy folder in the directory of the steam version and run it directly from the .exe inside the folder (can create a shortcut to it)

#7 Pedro5d4

Pedro5d4
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:53 AM

as i said above, i did install in the legacy folder every time. i allways get this problems with every game/mod that i cant install/play

#8 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:34 AM

as i said above, i did install in the legacy folder every time. i allways get this problems with every game/mod that i cant install/play

My only suggestion is to try it on another version of Commandos 2 other than the steam version

#9 Pedro5d4

Pedro5d4
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:46 AM

okay TY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users