• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bruhgamer

bruhgamer
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 04:12 PM

Hi,

I've tried pretty much every single method out there to increase command points, I've even got to a point where i edited ini.big directly and no errors popped up BUT nothing in the game changed. Tried modding already, while setting a shortcut with ini macros, changed command points in them and still nothing worked. I have patches 1.03 and 1.06 changed command pts in them as well, with no effect. I have finalbig but every time i change ini.big in it nothing happens. Bruh...

Please help me!

Edited by bruhgamer, 23 March 2020 - 04:13 PM.

#2 Serp66

Serp66
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:30 AM

I only edited them in _patch106.big in gamedata.ini, the lines 280 till 317. and it worked fine.

#3 bruhgamer

bruhgamer
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:22 PM

It didn't work in my case. Do you have the original version of the game or you downloaded it from t3a Serp66?

#4 Serp66

Serp66
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:53 AM

It didn't work in my case. Do you have the original version of the game or you downloaded it from t3a Serp66?

followed instructions from this forum, so from t3a I guess.
I dont know what exactly defines the order in which big files are executed, but in my case it is _patch106.big file that get executed last.
If no change in this file is working for you and you made it correct, it may be that there is another big file executed afterwards, overwriting your change. Do you have anything else installed? A mod or another patch with a big file?

Try the attached big file (too big, you can download it here: https://mega.nz/#!gg...Be2mUT0pMtWiCkU).
I changed the costs/commandpoints of peasants and orcs. And increased the command point limits (cant remember currently to which values exactly, but I guess you will notice it).
If my big file does not work for you, we know that you dont do any mistake by creating it, and something is overwriting _patch106.big.

Edited by Serp66, 25 March 2020 - 07:59 AM.

#5 bruhgamer

bruhgamer
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:02 PM

Something is still overwriting the patch106

#6 Serp66

Serp66
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:30 PM

Something is still overwriting the patch106

rename the patch file to "__patch106.big", so put more "_" in front of it. This may make sure, that it is loaded last. It is alphabetically.

#7 bruhgamer

bruhgamer
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 12:03 PM

Aight, I somehow got it to work. Downloaded a mod that increases command points, but that's the only thing it does (link is here, it's just a .big file https://www.moddb.com/mods/more-cps).Plus I renamed it with "__" to make it load last. Serp could you tell me why is it working, I edited this file as well with more command points plus added "__". and the game crashed.

Edited by bruhgamer, 01 April 2020 - 12:10 PM.

#8 Serp66

Serp66
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 12:44 PM

Aight, I somehow got it to work. Downloaded a mod that increases command points, but that's the only thing it does (link is here, it's just a .big file https://www.moddb.com/mods/more-cps).Plus I renamed it with "__" to make it load last. Serp could you tell me why is it working, I edited this file as well with more command points plus added "__". and the game crashed.

thanks, I'm also currently learning modding, and I did not know that you can change command points limit without overwriting the whole gamedata.ini, that is great :)

Do you unpack/pack the big file with finalbig editor? And with what program do you edit the ini file? There may be text editors, that destroy formatting when saving, try notepad++.

And I learned you dont even need to pack the ini in a big file. you can simply put the "command_point_increase.ini" in data/ini/object folder in your game directory and it will be the last one loaded (after all your big files)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users