bfme1 command points

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kiah911

kiah911
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:12 PM

So I followed the instructions to a T with downloading and patching (several times) BFME1 and I remembered how to go in and change command point limit and such from years ago in the INI.big file, I also used to change the price of evil siege cata's and balista's because theyre annoying af. When I go to do it this time around, the game literally doesnt start and it says what it says in the screenshot im going to post. The game works if I don't edit these files, so i looked online to see if things somehow changed and turns out they haven't?? 

Attached Thumbnails

• 94335117_223059452447825_2551229707903303680_n.jpg

#2 kiah911

kiah911
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:13 PM

Okay so apparently the sites attachment uploader is cheap lol. If you can't read it, please let me know and I'll just type it out.

#3 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:18 PM

That seems like the basic debugger telling you something is wrong

Try

1. Re-installing the game and running the normal game , remove any and all previous MOD files , the game should run .

2. Try creating a MOD , using the -MOD command in the shortcut , but do not modify anything , so the game runs your MOD file , but is still original values 

3. Try slowly changing a value and see if it changes in game , if yes then save and add new stuff slowing , testing every time and keeping back-ups

Basically you have to start from scratch until you figure out what is wrong .

It could be as simple as the - MOD command was not set-up properly 

Always use the -Mod command , which requires a BIG file in the MyBattleforMiddleEarthfiles directory , and the shortcut to allow to run this file 

Never modify original game INI.big , it’s not recommended 

Sometimes anything can cause a debug error , wrong code in wrong place , a missing or extra End etc.

#4 NDC

NDC
  • Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 10:27 PM

So I followed the instructions to a T with downloading and patching (several times) BFME1 and I remembered how to go in and change command point limit and such from years ago in the INI.big file, I also used to change the price of evil siege cata's and balista's because theyre annoying af. When I go to do it this time around, the game literally doesnt start and it says what it says in the screenshot im going to post. The game works if I don't edit these files, so i looked online to see if things somehow changed and turns out they haven't?? 

Hi,
So did you change the game's INI.big directly or did you set up a mod?

Edited by NDC, 26 May 2020 - 10:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users