Getting Rid of Population Limits

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ArronSwan

ArronSwan
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 12:46 AM

Hello, I was wondering how would I go about getting rid of the Population Limit. For I am wanting to make a mod to test some Ideas I have for a game (The game I plan to use OpenSAGE - https://github.com/OpenSAGE ) For I know how to code a little bit in BFME like adding new units and new Factions, but sadly I am not sure how to get rid of some aspects for the game like the Population or adding new Resources for the game. But I am just curious how one can go about getting rid of Population Limits if you all can point me in the right way to go about this, I would be glad for your help. :)

"I'm THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE..."
Yeshua HaMashach (Jesus Christ)

#2 Symonius

Symonius
  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • Projects:TROW Mod
  •  Just a winged modder

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:10 AM

I'm not sure if you can get rid of these aspects of the game, but for the population limit (aka command points) you can use a workaround like put a very high number limit

(like: #define GENERIC_FORTRESS_COMMAND_POINT_BONUS        20000 in gamedata).
The other thing to do would be change to 0 every unit command points..but that's a huge work to do.

While if your aim is to change the very foundation of the game, i'm afraid I can't really help you.

"All we have to decide is what to mod with the time that is given us"

#3 ArronSwan

ArronSwan
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 11:59 PM

Ok Thank you for you help, I will try this for testing purposes. I hope to aim to make the game like C&C Generals with the no pop. Loved that in that game, though BFME2 is one of my favorites.

"I'm THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE..."
Yeshua HaMashach (Jesus Christ)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users