• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AuraofConfusion

AuraofConfusion
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:57 PM

Hey there.

I'm new to using Final Alert and to MO and I'm looking to test a map I have been working on. I have it currently replacing Allied Mission 01 in the BattleClient.ini, both directly under the Battles heading with the mission list and down farther under the Allied Campaign heading, with the .map file in the MO parent directory. I'm not sure if the issue lies in the file or in how I've edited the BattleClient or what, but I'm looking for any helpful advice on how to get it working.

#2 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:43 PM

Well, you can just rename your map file as one of the original missions to exclude the possibility that you've screwed up your BattleClient.ini, but I'd say the issue is probably with your map file itself.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#3 AuraofConfusion

AuraofConfusion
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:18 PM

Now it doesn't even boot to the load screen, it just says unable to load scenario. Even when I pull the custom map file out of the directory.

#4 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 07:05 PM

So, if I got that right you've modified the entry for A1 (and changed Scenario= line to something different). Then of course it would make sense that it doesn't work after renaming/moving your map file. What I meant was restoring your BattleClient.ini to it's original state and renaming your map to areddawn.map. But once again, since initially you've been able to start the map( even if it failed in the middle of loading), the problem  definetely lies within the map file.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#5 AuraofConfusion

AuraofConfusion
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 07:24 PM

Oh, sorry, I meant to say I restored the BattleClient with a backup before trying again. But I suppose that's not really my main issue. Is there any common mishaps with map files that might cause them to load improperly, like bad triggers or something?

#6 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 07:27 PM

Yeah, I'd say the first things you should check are Triggers and Teams.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#7 AuraofConfusion

AuraofConfusion
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 12:15 AM

There were a few things that stood out to me that I changed that didn't fix the problem (though I was able to get to the loading screen again):

- Global AI Production Triggers were still active for houses that no longer existed.

- A few triggers still belonged to a house that didn't exist

- I set all triggers that I wanted to start immediately to elapsed time 0 when I had them set to any event. I was mostly just curious if that would cause an issue or not, but the change didn't help so I'm assuming any event is fine

- Only Multiplayer was set to 1 in the Basic settings.

- A few triggers had attached triggers to themselves, which I found odd.

- All teams that I wanted to spawn immediately were set to autocreate and also had a trigger that created them, so I disabled autocreate.

The only thing I can think of really is that none of the teams have tags. My knowledge of how the game reads triggers and their associated tags, taskforces, scripts, teams, etc. is fairly limited, so short of having someone comb thru how I have them set up I am at a loss at the moment. And I'm not gonna ask someone to do that out of charity.

#8 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:40 AM

Your best bet probably would be to backup your map and start deleting Triggers,Teams,Scripts, etc.. until you'll find the one that causes problems by process of elimination, works most of the time. Also, did you do any INI editing on your map?

Edited by Terminal Velocity, 15 May 2020 - 05:29 AM.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#9 AuraofConfusion

AuraofConfusion
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:03 PM

I didn't edit the INI, but I found the trigger that was malfunctioning and am able to load the map now. Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users