A dream on new faction featuring Agandaur in Eriador

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ziyiqingyu

ziyiqingyu
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 02:32 AM

I have recently re-setup this mod after being absent from following for three years. And I have to say I am overwhelmed by the qualtiy of this mod and the development in the last few years. Personally I will consider the mod to be complete as long as Greenwood is finished and Haradrim is more like a bonus to me. This mod in my mind offically surpass Edain, which used to be my faverate but unfortunately drive me away with their hero designs since 4.0.

Even so, I would like to talk about the idea of another possible evil faction, although the developers have mentoned no interest in any other faction than planned, but the idea developed here may be fun and useful for other inclusion: a "modern Angmar" led by Agandaur from the game "war in the north". The design and lore of that game is quite compatilble to the lore of the book (at least compared to the shadow of mordor aka Assassin creed: mordor), and make up the absence of evil faction in Eriador during the war of the ring. It could be based on the design idea of Angmar of original game, featuring elite black numenorean, gundabad orcs, orcs sorcerer (a lot of cool designs from the WITN game can give a different visual style from original Angmar). I feel there is not enough black numenorean included in the current plan, Haradrim may contain some black numenorean originated from Gondor. But Agandaur and his follower in the game gives me a more ancient feel as from fallen Numenorean of the second age.

Anyway, I apologize if this idea has been discussed and rejected already.

Attached Thumbnails

• Agandaur01.jpg
  • jason-kim-fellbeast-captain-01.jpg
  • jason-kim-tharzog.jpg

Edited by ziyiqingyu, 18 May 2020 - 02:34 AM.

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:37 AM

One issue is that the Black Númenoreans never settled north of the elves of Mithlond, and I doubt any would have travelled north from Umbar and possibly Mordor to Angmar.

Further south of Umbar there are more Black Númenorean settlements, I've heard of one named Bellakar.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 ziyiqingyu

ziyiqingyu
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:25 PM

Guess you are right. I just feel Eriador get too quiet during the war of ring, and there seems to a lack of mortal enemy to Rivendell. I heard elsewhere that the faction number can not exceed 11 in BFME 2 and realize some of the WITN elements have been included in Dol Guldur. So I understand the faction plan now.

Still would love to see more black Númenorean included in the game though.

#4 Agandaur2404

Agandaur2404
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 06:53 AM

That's an awesome idea, it would've been my favourite faction (you can tell this by my nickname ;) ). I actually like it much more than this Dol Guldur faction, which I find incredibly well - designed, but somehow unfitting for my vision of Middle Earth. As for the Black Numenorean issue, in War In The North only Agandaur is mentioned as one, sent by Sauron (so he wasn't actually "settled" there, it was more of a "business trip" for him; i believe someone even called him "man of the south" in the game, which indicates that the Eriador isn't his actual home). Other men who serve him are called "Men Of Carn Dum" (well, that indicates their northern origin) and look different, more barbaric than Agandaur, so we can assume that they are Rhudaur Hillmen or some other wild descendants of Arnor. So the faction itself is actually much more fitting than Dol Guldur (which could be mixed with Misty Mountains and this faction). But that's just my opinion and I understand that mod's creators have a different view of Middle Earth. Still, I think AOTR is a great mod, it could've been called BFME 3!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users