modding

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ancalagon5

Ancalagon5
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 08:00 PM

Hi all, i am trying to increase the unit limit for the single player campaigns but I am new to modding, so i far i have created a separate folder for the ini.big and set a shortcut to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II\lotrbfme2.exe" -mod "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\BFME2INI"

1st question do I need the speech marks after the -mod?

I have read that you cant simply change the gamedata.ini file so in the ini.big file for the mod I have created a data\ini\object\gamedata.ini file and put the following into it:

GameData
 ;;; CAMPAIGN BONUS CAPS
  GoodCommandPointLimit  = 1700
  EvilCommandPointLimit  = 2500
  PowerLimit   = 60
  ResourceMultiplierLimit = 5.0

End

2nd question, is what I have done here right? will this change the campaign unit limits or are there scripts on the maps that will overwrite  them?

3rd question, does anyone know where I can change the max camera height so I can zoom out more?

4th, unrelated question, when I click on the modding tutorials subforum it appears to be empty, should this be the case?

#2 Symonius

Symonius
  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • Projects:TROW Mod
  •  Just a winged modder

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:15 AM

Modify or not the ini.big directly is just your choice, personally i do but there are at least 2 other ways of adding new ini mod files (-mod attribute, new big files and so on).

1) Yes, you need em

2) Seems right, just try it and look. All fortress maps are scripted for the command limit, so maybe the same is for the Campaign maps, you can check it by extracting the maps from map.ini and open them with worldbuilder.

3) In the camera setting of the worldbuilder: open the map file then Edit -> Edit Map Settings.
There you'll find a section on Camera Behaviour where you can change the max height.

You have to do it for EVERY map ;)

Edited by Symonius, 04 June 2020 - 09:15 AM.

"All we have to decide is what to mod with the time that is given us"

#3 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 04 July 2020 - 02:44 AM

4th, unrelated question, when I click on the modding tutorials subforum it appears to be empty, should this be the case?

Seems that the link is broken, I have sent a message to our Admin to see if we can get it resolved.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users