Photo

[RA3] Starting Issues | Patch Issues

origin ultimate collection red alert 3 ra3 windows 10

Best Answer Medstar , 18 June 2020 - 08:26 PM

Hey there! Thanks for using C&C:Online!

With the Ultimate Collection version of Red Alert 3, you actually don't need to apply the 1.12 patch to your game. This digital version of the game, as well as the Steam version, do not require the 1.12 patch as they are already updated to their proper versions.

To fix the registration code issue, simply tell Origin to repair your Red Alert 3 game installation--that 1.12 patch replaces the regular game.dat file with a CD version (aka, a version of the game.dat file that requires one to use a CD version of the game--which is not possible for The Ultimate Collection obviously XD). Just go into your Game Library in the Origin desktop app, right click the game, and select the "repair" option.

The links for the fixed launchers have not been updated yet; the old solution had to be removed per the creator's request. You may still be able to find a copy of it somewhere (they're Bibber's fixed launchers), but they're very scarce.

However, I've created my own fixed launchers that pretty much do the same thing as Bibber's old ones. You can grab them from ModDB: https://www.moddb.co...-launchers-v100

It's a pretty simple and straightforward installer for the fixed launchers. Just be sure to disable Origin In Game and Cloud Saves for whichever games you want to patch with the installer.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trentboys

Trentboys
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 05:29 PM

Game: Red Alert 3 [RA3]

Version: Ultimate Collection | Origin

Type of Error | Time: Unable to launch; 1:07 PM EST (13:07 EST)

Greetings, I'm unsure if other people have had this issue with RA3, seeing as I wasn't able to find a fix in the [Common Issues & Solutions] post.

I was able to start the game fine before I updated to the 1.12 Patch found in [Patches & Game Versions], but after updating to the patch, I get an issue upon launching via Origin, or the C&C Online Launcher. The issue is that it asks for me to verify my CD Key, which is automatically provided, and verified in my Origin Platform, and the ERGC file in Registry. The following IMGUR links will provide the needed proof that I do have my CD Key, and it's in the area of ERGC, and also the issues that arise when I press "Don't Continue".

IMGUR Link

Image 1 | Original Issue

Image 2 | CD Key in Origin

Image 3 | CD Key in Registry (ERGC)

Image 4 | Result of pressing "Don't Continue"

-----------------------------------------------

Another issue is in the [Patches & Game Versions], is with me having the Ultimate Collection, there are two links for me to download a launcher fix. The only issue is that the first link leads me to a "Goodbye" page, and the mirror link leads to a removed file on Mediafire. These are provided in the 2nd IMGUR links.

IMGUR Link

Image 1 | The forum post, circling the linked provided as of 06/18/2020 1:26 PM EST (13:26 EST)

Image 2 | The destination of the first link

Image 3 | The destination of the mirror link

Thank you so much if you are able to help with these issues.

~Trentboys

#2 Medstar

Medstar
  • Project Team
  • 50 posts
  •  Programmer/Help Team Member

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:26 PM   Best Answer

Hey there! Thanks for using C&C:Online!

With the Ultimate Collection version of Red Alert 3, you actually don't need to apply the 1.12 patch to your game. This digital version of the game, as well as the Steam version, do not require the 1.12 patch as they are already updated to their proper versions.

To fix the registration code issue, simply tell Origin to repair your Red Alert 3 game installation--that 1.12 patch replaces the regular game.dat file with a CD version (aka, a version of the game.dat file that requires one to use a CD version of the game--which is not possible for The Ultimate Collection obviously XD). Just go into your Game Library in the Origin desktop app, right click the game, and select the "repair" option.

The links for the fixed launchers have not been updated yet; the old solution had to be removed per the creator's request. You may still be able to find a copy of it somewhere (they're Bibber's fixed launchers), but they're very scarce.

However, I've created my own fixed launchers that pretty much do the same thing as Bibber's old ones. You can grab them from ModDB: https://www.moddb.co...-launchers-v100

It's a pretty simple and straightforward installer for the fixed launchers. Just be sure to disable Origin In Game and Cloud Saves for whichever games you want to patch with the installer.

#3 Trentboys

Trentboys
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:35 PM

Thank you so much Medstar!

#4 DeathLog2k7

DeathLog2k7
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:17 PM

Hello, 

@Medstar, can you maybe be mo explicit on what to do after applying the fixed launcher? I Installed it, and now I can see the modified launcher when starting the game.

Once in the game, nothing has changed. When I try to start and online game and enter the credentials i got from C&C Online, i get the same old error message, complaining about not being able to connect to the backend servers ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users