• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 IL9

IL9
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:39 AM

Good afternoon!

I decided to make my mod on RotWK by crossing the first and second parts of the game. There will be construction of castles from BFME2 on the foundations + free construction outside them.

At the moment, I created the necessary number of factions, units, buildings, and redid the map of the war for the ring.

Now I'm busy transferring locks from other mods. There was a problem with the castle of Angmar of Edain. I registered its construction in CastleFlag, moved the bse files and w3d models with textures, moved the file where the construction of the castle and its components (walls, gates, etc.) is registered, and added entries from the construction file to commandbutton.ini and commandset.ini. I ran models and textures through AssetCacheBuilder, making a new asset. dat.

The game starts normally – but when you start the battle, the loading bar reaches 100%, a map with a lock should appear – and the game crashes (without specifying the reason – just "an error occurred", and that's it).

Tell me where else can affect the operation of the lock.

#2 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:42 PM

Using existing mod stuff can be tricky ,

maybe an upgrade is not defined etc 

Best to start from scratch , copy the art info onto an existing fortress , so it shows different but the game thinks it’s normal

or perhaps the actually codes need fixing I.e the castle unpacks into a central object and bulldpolts 

do you have those things in your ini file , and upgrades , objects  , exp level references defined etc ?

if you start from scratch , a problem can usually be identified easier 

#3 IL9

IL9
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:19 AM

The problem is something else - in bse only one file (usually for castles and camps there are 5 of them - one basic and 4 for different sides of the world - determine where the gate will look). In Object CastleFlag, too, Angmar has only one object to unpack (some fractions also have one). I don't quite understand how the mod "turns" the gate at the castle and determines their side.

By the way-to transfer locks from other mods to BFME2 (and even to the first part) is relatively easy, all problems are eliminated.

#4 IL9

IL9
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 02:33 AM

With this problem almost figured out-the locks are loaded.
However, it remains unclear how they turn the gate.

And another question (for bse and Worldbuilder files) - I read the themes and tutorials. I understand correctly that if you need your own objects for databases, then the ini files for them must contain a minimum of information (so that they open in Worldbuilder) - the model, geometric parameters, object name, and drawmodule? I tried to just move the Ini files with graphics to the game folder-worldbuilder should be sent out.

#5 IL9

IL9
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 08:34 AM

I've sorted out the objects for Worldbuilder.
But there is another problem-I collected the BSE of the lock (based on another lock).
Look like this

For some reason, some elements are not displayed in the game (and the same element may or may not be displayed).

https://yadi.sk/i/RypusdNXdvsXiw

https://yadi.sk/i/x-RP2HEqmLVfWQ

https://yadi.sk/i/RypusdNXdvsXiw

What could be the reason?

#6 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:09 PM

If I recall correctly, you must make sure that all the objects are assigned to the correct player/faction in worldbuilder or else when it unpacks the object will not appear.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#7 IL9

IL9
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:47 PM

If I recall correctly, you must make sure that all the objects are assigned to the correct player/faction in worldbuilder or else when it unpacks the object will not appear.

Thanks for the tip. I checked everything - the segments are still built through one.

#8 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:14 PM

So each piece is part of a single object? Or are they multiple different objects? If they're different objects, double check the code and see if there are any issues there. You could try making the pieces ChildObjects of one piece that you know is working.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#9 IL9

IL9
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:57 AM

Each segment is a separate object. The fact is that the same object (for example, a castle wall) occurs several times - and it appears in one case, but not in the same bse object in the other. in Other words, it is not the objects themselves that matter, but in some order of their display.

#10 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:26 AM

If the same object works in one place but not another, then there is definitely something that isn't correct with the base itself inside worldbuilder.

#11 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  •   INI Coder

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:36 AM

Try at test map ,

with flat terrain and absolutely nothing , but your starting waypoints and proper setup 
It’s the best way to verify a fortress base , (at least for troubleshooting issues )

There are geometry issues that occurs if a stone or tree is too close to the castle wall , it does not show , and you have a gap 

#12 IL9

IL9
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:31 AM

I did some experiments.
The problem is the gaps between parts of the walls-because their elements intersect with each other. If you move the walls to the sides, they all appear. But then it turns out not a castle with a single wall, but a set of walls with passages between them.
I have seen several solutions to this problem on the forum, but they do not work.
For example, the code for the deferred construction of a segment of the type
Behavior = GrantUpgradeCreate MakeTheGeom1 
UpgradeToGrant = Upgrade_DamrodRallyRangers
End 

Behavior = ObjectCreationUpgrade MakeTheGeom2 
TriggeredBy = Upgrade_DamrodRallyRangers
Delay = 10
GrantUpgrade = Upgrade_SwitchToRockThrowing 
End 

Behavior = GeometryUpgrade ModueTag_TowerGeom 
TriggeredBy = Upgrade_SwitchToRockThrowing 
ShowGeometry = Geom_Orig1 Geom_Orig2   Geom_Orig3 Bookend1 Bookend2 ; For more names !
HideGeometry = DummyGeom
End
Nothing has changed - everything is being built as before.
Who had effective solutions for intersecting elements of the fortress with each other?

#13 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  •   INI Coder

Posted 11 July 2020 - 02:55 AM

I’ll try to help but I would need to know if you tested on a blank map with no terrain for troubleshooting 

if the castle works fine with a MOD and not with your transfer Mod , the the problem may not be the Castle and it’s alignment 

edit - just seeing the pictures , it seems a few objects may be missing 

did you code in ALL related objects from their Castle ?

Try redoing their Castle , create your own with their objects 

Test by adding an extra object like a tree , so you know it’s being added / modded / included 

When you open their BSE file , what are all the names of the objects ? Including the missing ones especially 

Ensure all names correspond to an actual object in your mod 

I would just try to recreate the base from scratch , just copy the positions of the walls and add them in yourself 
then adjust build priority to 80 and stage 1 , in the objects property list in WB 
start with just the gate and the side Ramps , then add a wall , on each try , until one by one the stuff shows up and your complete 

Edited by JUS_SAURON, 11 July 2020 - 03:06 AM.

#14 IL9

IL9
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:12 AM

It's the same on an empty map. Other locks on the same map are unpacked normally.
I tried to change priorities as you said (and according to other principles) - no changes. Except that there was a Foundation – there wasn't one before.
Except for the Rune lock (it's in the screenshot) I also made Harad's castle. There I copied the castle of Gondor and its ini files, renaming the objects (plus adding my own citadel and Foundation). It is unpacked-except for parts on the sides and top of the gate.
Maybe there are still some subtleties of configuring the bse file so that everything is unpacked normally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users