rotwk bfmeii edain drives aotr

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheRealDiddles

TheRealDiddles
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:58 AM

While i myself have the game and everything sorted, my friend who did not have enough space on his c drive is struggling to install Rise Of The Witch King, as it's autorun.exe installer is not recognising his downloaded BFME II, which i can confirm works fine. ( it is located in a larger drive my friend uses.)

I have done some searching and found very little on the issue on installing Rise Of The Witch King onto a different drive.

I fear a similar issue would present itself when we get round to installing Edain and Age Of The Ring.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

#2 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:00 AM

1. Buy a Harddrive and backup all important stuff OR upload to Free cloud Storage 

I don’t  like cloud much , as it takes long to upload / download 
if he has the second drive , try to put your important files there 

2. Fresh install the  PC , free up All space possible OR , just delete unused programs / files not used / Videos etc 

Delete / uninstall until he has enough space to install ROTWK , does it really take up that much ?

Its good practice to backup regularly , and also refresh your PC once a year or every 2 years 

if you are on your last 5GB of storage , time to refresh 

my important files take up approx 64GB  , and you can get a flash drive with that storage easily these days for  not much money 

Also 

I have heard of , but never used , programs that take a second drive and configure it to appear to be the main drive I.e 

C:/ is 64gb and new drive is 20G. , Becomes C:/ drive 84gb 

but proceed with caution , as you may break your PC , then don’t  blame me please 

#3 TheRealDiddles

TheRealDiddles
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:10 AM

Thanks for the reply. I assume then that you have to install BFME II and Rotwk on the C drive then, with no exceptions?

#4 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:24 PM

Yes , 

I always let game install default , less hassle 

Never tried anything else

PS , whenever I get a new PC , it’s the first game installed