Photo

map for modding

map

Best Answer DaedraWarrior, 31 July 2020 - 07:11 AM

Here's the test map me and my partner use to test our mod. It has huge amount of resources power points and CP, taverns, outposts, all sort of creeps and level ups for heroes. The only thing missing is the ring, but it could be easily added via World Builder

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bilbothehobbit

bilbothehobbit
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Projects:RR_Mod.
  •  Complete Idiot

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:36 PM

Hi, im currently in the midle of modding RotWK, and I was wandering if there is any sort of map that will help me test my mod?

I cant create this type of map by myself, because im just an INI modder for now, and don't know how to create a map.

#2 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:08 AM

Question ,

Can’t you test your mod on existing maps ?
seems like the first place you would want to 

but to help you get a map 

just open up Maps.Big

copy an entire map , like Enedwaith ( my favorite ) and drop it in myRiseOfTheWitchKing files folder 

You should be familiar with where this folder is 

When you open ROTWK WorldBuilder , you can edit this map placed in that folder easily 

You can actually save the map anywhere , just search for it properly to open it in WB 

As an INI coder , take time to learn WB program 

just the basics like creating a test map , saving a map , creating a Base file for fortress unpacking 

#3 bilbothehobbit

bilbothehobbit
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  •  Complete Idiot

Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:48 AM

I can test my mod on existing maps, which is what I did until now, but its slow. what I meant is a map that will have a small loading time (maybe making it small or something), and have the ring near the fort allready, and have those things that level up your heroes. It'll just make everything faster.

#4 DaedraWarrior

DaedraWarrior
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:11 AM   Best Answer

Here's the test map me and my partner use to test our mod. It has huge amount of resources power points and CP, taverns, outposts, all sort of creeps and level ups for heroes. The only thing missing is the ring, but it could be easily added via World Builder

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

#5 bilbothehobbit

bilbothehobbit
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  •  Complete Idiot

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:26 AM

thank you, DaedraWarrior!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users