need help with hero and hero army icons in wotr

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alenzebic365

alenzebic365
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:46 PM

Hello, I recently started to get interested in changing some things in war of the ring, but I am new to this and I don't understand some things. I want to add Gandalf as a hero in war of the ring, but the problem is there is no HeroGandalfIcon so he is invisible. I figured out how to add, create, change stuff but I just can't find icons. My question is: where are this things located (HeroAragornIcon and other icons), and how do I add HeroGandalfIcon (I already have file but I don't know where to put it so I can use it. Sorry if this is dumb, I am just curious if this is complicated. I appreciate any help. 

#2 malvack

malvack
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 11:50 PM

If I understand correctly, what you want is to have Gandalf as an Army Leader? If so, my lazy solution for that is to replace one of the current army leaders with Gandalf. That is to say, you want something like this:

livingworldbuildings.ini

Spoiler

livingworldstartingunits.ini

Spoiler

livingworlddefaultarmies.ini

Spoiler

livingworldbuildableunits.ini

Spoiler

And of course, you would have to add a new texture and name it as the texture of the army leader you're replacing (i.e., lwbanhboromir.dds). Naturally, if you do this, you would also have to edit the files of the replaced hero so that they behave as normal heroes, not army leaders.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that there are more elegant ways to achieve this, but I haven't tried them yet so I'm not quite sure what you would have to do, however, what I said above is what I have done in the past and I haven't met any major issue yet.

Edited by malvack, 10 August 2020 - 11:40 PM.

#3 Samuel R. Kinsey

Samuel R. Kinsey
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 12:27 PM

I just used the saruman army icon, not perfect but small enough you hardly notice the difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users