Me and a friend were trying to make a custom game for a couple days and before you ask :
- Yes, I have port forwarded
- Yes, I have checked the firewalls
- No, I haven't reinstalled the game yet. Want to try out every option I currently can get
- I got the game on this website https://oldgamesdown...jIv5kcOsR77h7_Q
- Yes, I am running as administrator and running compatibility for Windows Xp (SP3)
The error we get is that either we both have a "Player connection fail" after the probing is done, or it's just me that get's the issue.
My friend then tried to join a different server and got the same problem and had a German person say the game we have is "false version", what ever that means. Could be because we aren't using the community patch mod thing I have heard of.
We tried making a static port in the in game option to 16000, the network port thing.
We are able to go online in the game if I still need to bring that up.
We used to use Hamachi a long time ago but we don't use it anymore and we really don't want to.
Is there anything we can do?