Photo

Quick Question on the "advanced" Build menu.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Myriad

Myriad
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:51 PM

How does one enable this ui option on a races engineer? I am pretty green in using the corsix mod studio.

#2 Guest_Myriad_*

Guest_Myriad_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:04 PM

How does one enable this ui option on a races engineer? I am pretty green in using the corsix mod studio.

To clarify, I am referring to the build advanced structures command for engineers. I am asking how to enable said command.

#3 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:38 PM

For a building to appear in the advanced menu, you must go into the structure_buildable_ext and set the advanced_build_option to [true].

BUT to make the advanced build button available to your builders, you NEED an UI update as well.

Because they only have the standard build button, and this does NOT include the other buildings (obviously).

For this, you need something like FreeUI. OR, if you have UI/Taskbar skills, you can modify the taskbar yourself :)

Edited by Gambit, 06 August 2020 - 03:39 PM.

-In search of Papasmurf...

#4 Guest_Myriad_*

Guest_Myriad_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2020 - 04:45 PM

I have never used FreeUI(As I said, I am green to this) how would I use it add the advanced build command button? Also thanks brother.

#5 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:52 PM

Ah... It needs some work...

Do you want it enabled for ALL races?

Always?

Also, do you need any other enhancements? You can have for example up to six weapons to a squad, AND attachments, you can have combination of leaders and weapon upgrades... 9 places for Hero icons (now they are 4), etc.

I mean, if you are to use FreeUI, I can make a unified profile, and send it to you.

#6 Guest_Myriad_*

Guest_Myriad_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2020 - 09:01 PM

That would be nice! Thanks Brother!(Again) 

#7 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 03:46 PM

OK, ready. To avoid the fuss, I created a COMPACT version. Here: http://www.mediafire...dMenuFreeUI.rar

This you must put DIRECTLY into your own mod.  That is, copy and paste the Data folder of the rar, into the Data folder of your mod.

To remove it, simply remove the files one by one, by hand.

Now it provides:

Adv Build menu for ALL races.

9 Heroes Icons

Up to 6 weapons

... And if you combine your mod with any race, it will also support that race's UI as well :thumbsupcool:

Note: This is NOT the proper way. But for someone that starts fresh... It's OK.

Also: You may not see the tooltips (UCS names of the button). I do not want to brake anything in your UCS, so you must add your own. If you STILL have issues, add these lines in your UCS:

5800241    Build Advanced Structures
5800242    Left-click to access the advanced-build menu, which contains additional buildings this unit can build.

Edited by Gambit, 07 August 2020 - 03:48 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users