Model Condition question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amit5530

amit5530
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 11:44 AM

Hi everyone, in BFME 2 there is a model condition state called SWAPPING_TO_WEAPONSET_1 & SWAPPING_TO_WEAPONSET_2 which does not exist in BFME 1

I have a rohirrim unit who switch weapons(from bow to spear and vice versa)  the whole switching animation occurs  in the SWAPPING_TO_WEAPONSET_1 & SWAPPING_TO_WEAPONSET_2 states

is it possible to switch these states in one of the existing states in BFME 1? and maybe trigger these model conditions somehow when switching on the Toggle button?

maybe using WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_2 & WEAPONSET_TOGGLE_3 and by scripting or any other way making the object get into that state?

any ideas or solution for this would be appreciated.

I saw that in BFME1 there is a state called WEAPONSET_TOGGLING but that didn't do the work

Edited by amit5530, 13 August 2020 - 11:45 AM.

#2 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 13 August 2020 - 08:52 PM

Shouldn't it work like a conventional switch with TransitionStates, like for instance Elven Warriors? I've never tried implementing a weapon switch for horses, but I would give that a try.

26285.png

#3 amit5530

amit5530
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 10:10 AM

The problem here is that we are talking about 2 different models, in the elven file its in the same model. Maybe it isnt a problem and then it does worth the shot.

But what EA did with BFME2 was to give the SWAPPING condition and with that they switched the object's model so it can use the required animation

Edited by amit5530, 14 August 2020 - 10:11 AM.

#4 Felipe Roll-st

Felipe Roll-st

Talion

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:05 AM

it should work with the method the elven warriors use, also heroes use two different set of animations and models with the mount/unmount ability, so that could be another way of doing it.

I'm not sure if it could be possible to use a swap weapon animation, I have unit's that toggle attack animations but without the cool swap sword and bow anims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users