Troops do not pass through passable.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gowras

Gowras
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 08:01 AM

It is impossible to force troops to pass through this arch. as soon as I didn't turn it... as soon as I didn't change the terrain... what secrets don't I know? Tell me, please.

3eadc09a6c22.png

#2 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 06 September 2020 - 04:06 PM

Open Helms Deep Map and check for all objects 

I think there is a Hidden ramp object there 

Alignment with the terrain must be perfect , flat etc 

test it in a new , fake test map with absolutely flat terrain 

Edited by JUS_SAURON, 06 September 2020 - 04:08 PM.

#3 Gowras

Gowras
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 04:51 AM

I followed your advice and searched for hidden ramp object. I didn't find anything. I also checked this situation on the new map. And the troops still did not pass... Note how much absolutely flat terrain

c94895abb5ab.png

I'm still thinking about the hidden catch. But I can't find it

#4 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 11:39 PM

try this:

Object HelmsDeepRampart05
KindOf = STRUCTURE IMMOBILE WALK_ON_TOP_OF_WALL CHUNK_VENDOR NOT_AUTOACQUIRABLE IGNORED_IN_GUI IGNORE_FOR_VICTORY NEVER_CULL_FOR_MP DONT_HIDE_IF_FOGGED PATH_THROUGH_EACH_OTHER
End

If you don't know what to do with this then go to your map folder and crate inside a file called map.ini (just make a new map.txt file and rename it to map.ini).
Open the file with Notepad (or a text editor) and add the script above inside.
If your map already has a map.ini just add the code from above somewhere inside.
Restart the game.

Now, what i did: i assumed that the object from your screenshot is HelmsDeepRampart05, and i added to it's KindOf tag list PATH_THROUGH_EACH_OTHER, meaning the game engine should make the units go through it from now on.
Next time please put the object name in the description.

I didn't test this so it might not work.
It is possible that the units will go through it but not walk on top of it anymore.

If this doesn't work you can delete the tag STRUCTURE and/or add the tag SHRUBBERY. Just play around with the tags a little.

Another thing - if this works then the units will just walk through it and not just through the middle of it. You can fix that by working with the terrain walkability properties in the map editor.

Apocaliptica & Nina Hagen - seemann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users