Photo

Which news outlets do you trust and why?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 23 September 2020 - 08:22 PM

Hello, everyone!

--

I thought I'd drop this topic here and begin with my own answer to this question.

--

The two most trustworthy news sources, in my opinion, are ThoughtCo and Pew Research.

--

I trust these two because they have never failed a fact-check, they are devoid of partisan talking points, there is no appeal to any stereotype in either outlet, and in similar ways both of them succeed where both right-wing and left-wing outlets fail me.

--

Just ask Media Bias Fact Check about these two outlets, and you'll learn more of why I trust them so much. But which outlets do you trust and why? By the way, these aren't the only ones I trust, but they are my top two.

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 23 September 2020 - 09:19 PM

I personally don't trust anything that involves some guy in hair plugs just talking about news.  A lot of American Conservative outlets do that - just someone talking about what's going on and not really showing anything.  But the other side has its issues as well.  Fact checking is good and all, but are those fact checkers reliable sources themselves?  What are they referencing?  Are really ALL of their references accurate?  You can't really trust anything, but as long as you're listening to all sides in a situation and being open minded, you will have better control over false narratives.

#3 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 23 September 2020 - 10:27 PM

NPR (national public radio) and Politifact are some of the websites I have been recently to and those are mostly trustful.

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 27 September 2020 - 09:35 AM

Yea, NPR seems to be as unbiased as possible.  Often brings in people who (at least) sound like they know what they're talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users