• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Azarian

Azarian
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:02 PM

disregard, seems to have been an error on my end

Edited by Azarian, 16 November 2020 - 04:20 PM.

#2 Thranduil_King

Thranduil_King
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 08:09 PM

No. There's a important bug.

In my first way to play this new update was playing WotR mod, 2 times my game crashed playing WR vs DG, i don't know by now if the problem is about Senathra, because in fact choosing hero vs hero automatic mod sometimes i win and somethimes the AI wins of course with the sames heroes vs Senathra. Even one time the automatic mod my computer put that both of us we lost, so i don't know why, then i continued the game attacking again Senathra and BUM my game crashed.

I'm so glad about this new version, but it was a pity about this important bug, gonna try with another faccions

#3 Thranduil_King

Thranduil_King
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:33 AM

I've been some test in WotR using WR as i said before, i have found the problem... is about legolas and Tauriel, if you play AutoResolve and one of both lost the battle, dies permanent, but their banners doesn't desapear never, even if you revive their, and if you select them the game crash... I have checked it for the moment by now, those heroes have only this problem, so, i changed this variable "AutoResolve_LegolasBody" for other one different for example "AutoResolveBody = AutoResolve_BoromirBody" this can works fine. So maybe this variable doesn't exist correctly in the code.

So this is a very important bug, so if you play WotR using WR (at least the person who plays it, I don't know if the AI does too), maybe just playing battles in real time you may not have problems with Legolas and Tauriel.

Edited by Thranduil_King, 17 November 2020 - 01:34 AM.

#4 MaxHardy

MaxHardy
  • Project Team
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for the report, it's fixed.

I had a similar issue with AutoResolve_FaramirBody once.

#5 Thranduil_King

Thranduil_King
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 05:43 PM

These days i have played and i have done some tests in WotR with WR, first of all once again the AI ​​in real time is really amazing, it has challenged my strategies that i had in years, without a doubt playing in real time are already challenges for me.

I would like to comment on bugs, errors or observations to improve it as I usually do in past versions, for the moment i will only emphasize WR and some other details of other factions.

WR:
1) As already reported the Greenwood archers are not saved at the end of the real time.
2) I do not know if it is a question of balance (although this does not seem to me), but for me only 2 ordes of units at the beginning is very little and more because of the type of units they are.
3) Éothéod Warriors units are created very fast, check the "buildtime" code and note that it has the duration of a rohirrim, I have not yet checked this in rohan, but I think the build duration is too short. By the way when you go up to level 2 this unit don't have a horse with a banner instead you have an incomplete animation of a horse rider twisting and moving weird.
4) At this point I will mention once again how strange to me that the barracks for elite units cost so expensive, it costs 2 fortresses, I understand the need to limit the construction of elite units at the beginning, but that a barracks costs so expensive is excessive, I recommend rather increasing the construction time of these barracks.
5) Gilded Guard of Lasgalen can be created more than 1 time, so they are just like normal units if you create them on the map.
6) Playing on WotR in real time, units created in this mode should have armor upgrades normally, because you cannot have Thranduil in all battles, that would cause a disadvantage for WR when upgrading their units, it seems unfair against other factions that they can upgrade their armor as normal.
-----UPDATED----- (23/11/2020)
7) From one moment to the next, the units that Legolas led / carried had a horde of Beornings with them, but, when playing in real time, I could not select them at all, although if the enemy arrived they would attack alone, but they were not selected.
8) In real time some maps like mines morgul you can build fortresses when the fortress (minas morgul) is mine and i am inside (this should not be able to).
9) When Frumgar dies and wants to resurrect him, it costs CP (When all heroes do not cost CP).
10) The WR ballistas built in the expansions / extenders of the fortress, have a CP cost (when I also understand that it should not be like that).
11) This error also happened when i played skirmish. Greenwood archers sometimes jam, and they walk reverse very slowly, even if i change them in defense mode, put them in attack, they do not change, they are selectable but without any action. Even i don´t know if for this made crash in a match in real time playing WotR.
12) Ferendir unit are not saved at the end of the real time.

General real-time AI issues or observations:
1) Many maps (for example like near harad, which is the one i remember for the moment) they build their base, towers, barracks, etc ... but in the middle of the those buildings they build a farm so they cannot build a fortress. Even if you add 3 or more porters for example in DG, DG AI could never do more porters again (It might be useful to add the mechanics for the AI and that it can porter from the towers too, only for DG of course). Something like this one:
-----UPDATED----- (23/11/2020) -> More captures to show this point

2) A problem that the original game always had with the AI ​​is when you start the game in real time if you play with more than 1, if there are 2 AI players, both build exactly in the same place everything, they do not move to another more open or more separated side, this cause that the AI ​​can never be developed because it does not have space to build more things. Or another problem is when you starting real time the game ​​puts you very close to the enemy in many cases, being able to solve this would significantly improve the way it is played in real time.

3) This point i suppose it would be somewhat complicated to deal with, it is about improving the automatic resolution mechanics, somethimes is not necessary or you do not want to fight in real time but sometimes playing in automatic resolution is usually unfair or bad valued.

4) This point i suppose it will change, it is about replacing the new maps designed by all of you to WotR, as you did with Dol Guldur (map) and lindon, i obvserved that Rivendell still has the classic map and not the new one for example.

5) Would there be the possibility of seeing improved AI about to not leaving unprotected territories (without units), also the AI does not give up or flee??.

6) How about adding a mechanic in relation to the faction you are playing? That is, for example if you get the Rivendell territory and you are rivendell faction you have an important extra bonus, this would emphasize more the differentiation of factions otherwise as well it would be epic.

7) I consider this last as a fantasy, but would it be possible to preserve/save the structures created in real time of each territory as well as units too? Maybe some mechanics like loading a saved game but adding to the units that come to attack and defend?.

I will comment more observations and possible errors with pleasure for more factions.

Thanks

Edited by Thranduil_King, 23 November 2020 - 04:19 PM.

#6 Thranduil_King

Thranduil_King
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 04:02 PM

-----UPDATED NOTES----- (23/11/2020)

#7 powerkartoffel

powerkartoffel
  • New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 Maps

Posted 26 November 2020 - 02:17 PM

Dear AotR Team

Since in BFME2 patch 1.09 exist a custom hotkey setup (https://www.gamerepl...up-t996606.html),

I would like to work in the same for AotR.
Its possible to change Hotkeys in the commandmap and in the lotr files without syncronisation errors? Which files exactly i would have to change for this purpose. My idear is to bring all fractions with same Building Hotkeys (first recource Building e, secound recource Building r, etc), Heros and units have all same hotkeys for their abilities per example e,r,t,c,v,b; change delete Building Button to s, select next builder hotkey w etc.
I tried till now with the english.big in the ROTWK ordner because i dont find the complete commandmap.ini in the AotR ordner. But it change me my settings automaticly back.

Thank you and greetings to your team. The Mod is awesome!

Powerkartoffel

Edited by powerkartoffel, 26 November 2020 - 02:23 PM.

#8 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:36 PM

Already got my first bug to report! :smile2ap:  Someone forgot something in Grey Havens. :laugh:

a rock in grey havens.png

Also, after this real-time match, some areas of the menu and some portions of the map, namely in Mordor (Barad-Dûr zone) and in Isengard, turned violet. When I exited to the main screen, it was all violet too. I tried to screenshot it, but it just comes black.

Attached Thumbnails

• a rock in grey havens.png

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#9 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 02:49 PM

— There is a Mordor Army Leader that sometimes loses all its forces, and not even the main hero is listed under the army. Once, when already in this state, I witnessed an odd behaviour: when killed off without any place to retreat, that hero army was not eliminated! It just stayed in the (enemy) territory it moved to, then moved off to conquer a neighbour territory in the following turn.

— When starting a real-time match in Esgaroth, more often than not, half the units will remain in map boundaries and not move into playable terrain. This is a vanilla bug, but perhaps it can be attenuated somehow.

Also, not so much a bug, but a suggestion: perhaps the attack and defense bonuses of territories should be lowered (or given exclusively for region control). At some point, sturdy dwarves fall like wheat under moria archers, since when you dominate most of the map your bonuses are up to +50% attack and +50% armor at all times, with a ton of powers to top it off, leading to a situation in which you're either steamrolling the AI or it is steamrolling you. This is especially true for places with lots of territories such as Rohan. On a related note, whenever I place an AI starting in e.g. Mordor or Harad, it has so few places and very few bonuses and build plots compared to those which start in Rohan, Gondor or Eriador, leading to situations in which Captain AIs are losing against Peasant AIs.

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 26 December 2020 - 02:50 PM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#10 Pestum

Pestum
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 04:55 PM

— When starting a real-time match in Esgaroth, more often than not, half the units will remain in map boundaries and not move into playable terrain. This is a vanilla bug, but perhaps it can be attenuated somehow.

Never happened to me in AOTR, but in vanilla you can select all units (Q) and order them to move in the map, the units are there and respond at your command. Do it fast and repeteadly.

#11 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 06:46 PM

More bugs inbound:

— The AI orders melee units to move against a hill when the archers are shooting at the top. If this is unfixable, please do not remove this from maps! :D I love using the terrain to my advantage, and this should be fun to use in human games.

— Galion (the hero whose icon is next to Tauriel in the screenshot) does not regenerate.

— On the map shown in the screenshot, the AI tends to hole off in those valleys between starting locations, building little more than a few barracks and resource structures, instead of just taking a start location for itself.

in vanilla you can select all units (Q) and order them to move in the map, the units are there and respond at your command. Do it fast and repeteadly.

Thanks so much. I did not know about the Q key!

not so much a bug, but a suggestion: perhaps the attack and defense bonuses of territories should be lowered (or given exclusively for region control). At some point, sturdy dwarves fall like wheat under moria archers, since when you dominate most of the map your bonuses are up to +50% attack and +50% armor at all times, with a ton of powers to top it off, leading to a situation in which you're either steamrolling the AI or it is steamrolling you.

I forgot to say: the main point here is that this situation contradicts an imperative: given a series of challenges, if you beat early challenges, things should be getting more challenging, and if it's too hard, you should lower the difficulty. The situation in WotR is the other way around. Now, I know WotR games are not supposed to last forever, but, as it is, you don't have much of an incentive to see them through after a while, because things are either too easy and getting easier, or too hard and becoming impossible.

Perhaps a certain, somewhat expensive structure could be built in the territory to make it give off those real-time battle bonuses? I'm unsure if this would just yield the same result; just throwing ideas :p

EDIT: And I forgot to actually attach the image. Here we go.Ramming at hill.png

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 31 December 2020 - 02:22 PM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users