Hello, I recently got RA3 on Steam to play with my dad and we found out we the servers are all down. Oops.
So, I downloaded C&C Online and am trying to get logged into it and then I'll hopefully get my dad setup next so we can play the campaign Co-op.
I followed the install and setup instructions. I then looked up the support documentation and had a host of the issues listed.
- When I launch my game using the C&C:Online launcher, I get the following error: "CA public key patching routine failed"
Solution: Try setting the launcher to Windows XP compatibility mode.
I did that. No change. This still happens when I use the C&C:Online Launcher.
- I'm having trouble using C&C:Online with Steam.
Solution: Open the C&C:Online launcher and use the Hook menu to hook your game.
1. Go into Steam and create a desktop shortcut for your game.
2. Open the C&C:Online launcher and go to the hooking menu. Hook your game. When Hooking, you should receive a prompt asking for your confirmation, this is how you know it worked. If you don't receive anything and the issue still occurs, check your anti-virus (Norton especially) as they are known to delete the hooking file. Add an exception for C&C:Online.
3. Launch the game using the shortcut Steam made for it on your desktop (if you don't have a shortcut, go into Steam and make one). The launcher should pop up, so select your game and off you go.
I do not see a prompt. I tried checking my anti-virus, but the only one I have installed is the Windows Firewall. I permitted it through the Firewall. The Hook still gives no prompt and the RA3 shortcut on my desktop doesn't open anything.
I'm on a 64 bit Windows 10 computer. I attached my error log. It's the Public key issue at the moment, I think, but I'm not sure what other steps to take.
----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Edited by sprink7, 18 November 2020 - 01:29 AM.