red alert 3 help steam

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sprink7

sprink7
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:21 AM

Hello, I recently got RA3 on Steam to play with my dad and we found out we the servers are all down. Oops. 

So, I downloaded C&C Online and am trying to get logged into it and then I'll hopefully get my dad setup next so we can play the campaign Co-op. 

I followed the install and setup instructions. I then looked up the support documentation and had a host of the issues listed.

- When I launch my game using the C&C:Online launcher, I get the following error: "CA public key patching routine failed"
Solution: Try setting the launcher to Windows XP compatibility mode.

I did that. No change. This still happens when I use the C&C:Online Launcher. 

- I'm having trouble using C&C:Online with Steam.

Solution: Open the C&C:Online launcher and use the Hook menu to hook your game. 
1. Go into Steam and create a desktop shortcut for your game. 
2. Open the C&C:Online launcher and go to the hooking menu. Hook your game. When Hooking, you should receive a prompt asking for your confirmation, this is how you know it worked. If you don't receive anything and the issue still occurs, check your anti-virus (Norton especially) as they are known to delete the hooking file. Add an exception for C&C:Online. 
3. Launch the game using the shortcut Steam made for it on your desktop (if you don't have a shortcut, go into Steam and make one). The launcher should pop up, so select your game and off you go. 

I do not see a prompt. I tried checking my anti-virus, but the only one I have installed is the Windows Firewall. I permitted it through the Firewall. The Hook still gives no prompt and the RA3 shortcut on my desktop doesn't open anything. 

I'm on a 64 bit Windows 10 computer. I attached my error log. It's the Public key issue at the moment, I think, but I'm not sure what other steps to take.

Current Log:

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----

Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: D:\Games\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\
Started game with: "RA3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
ERROR: game.dat process not found.

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: D:\Games\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\
Started game with: "RA3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
Found game.dat process. PID 15644
*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***
ERROR: Reading process memory failed. Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

ERROR: Reading process memory failed. Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

ERROR: CA public key differs from expected value. Not patching.
ERROR: CA public key patching routine failed.

Attached Files

Edited by sprink7, 18 November 2020 - 01:29 AM.

#2 sprink7

sprink7
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:28 PM

Bump.

Not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but I am not seeing any replies and it's been 5 days. 

#3 xads

xads

title available

• Project Team
  • 347 posts
  •  Tech support

Posted 06 December 2020 - 03:16 PM

With steam one thing that can help with the CA key error is launching the game directly from steam and not from the shortcut that steam makes, also run cnc online as administrator.

#4 sprink7

sprink7
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 12:15 AM

I have done all that.

#5 Medstar

Medstar
  • Project Team
  • 50 posts
  •  Programmer/Help Team Member

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:47 PM

Message me through Discord; I'll hook you up with a fix. Just say "Hey, I'm sprink7 from the forums. I'm having an issue with RA3 and the CA Public Key Patching error."

Medstar#1550

#6 Epetrarca21

Epetrarca21
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 03:27 AM

Hello,

I am having difficulty launching the C&C online program. I have hooked my game however, it never opens. I have tried everything listed in the previous forums but nothing is working :/. I am trying to play on a windows 10 computer and keep seeing the error message that states: “CA public” has failed or something along those lines

#7 xads

xads

title available

• Project Team
  • 347 posts
  •  Tech support

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:47 AM

please start your own topic detailing where the game is from, what game is in question and what steps did you take prior to getting the error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users