Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:03 AM

Insert joke about disease.  Add goof about shows being pushed back.  Did anything even come out this year?  Yes.  Was it any good?  Not really.  That's why it's only top 4 this year.  You heard the talking skeleton bird.. cow... goat thing right.  We're breaking tradition and giving you the top 4 shows of 2020 because I couldn't be bothered to remember 5 shows that I enjoyed this year.

# 4

Locke & Key

locke-and-key-netflix-teaser.jpg

A family of people who are sad because their dad is murdered moved into their dad's ancestral house.  Because they're sad.  The house is a mansion with strange, whimsical features, including a lady in a well who tells the youngest child about magical keys that belong to his family. These magical keys are found around the house by the children and give them unusual powers that they fumble around with until their problems are solved.  Does solving their problems create more problems?  Well, duh.  That's how they make a season 2.

# 3

Mandalorian

51pxn4Efx2L._SY463_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It's STAR WARS SO IT HAS TO BE GOOOOD IS DARTH MAUL IN IT PLEASE I LOVE HIM It's alright.  It's visually appealing, the puppets are fun, the action is... fun.  It would be much higher on the list if it didn't have so many random issues, but unfortunately, it's a literal easter egg hunt for Star Wars references.  We go planet to planet, looking for Darth Maul.  HE ALWAYS COMES BACK.  WHERE IS HE???  WHHHHEEERRRREEE????????

But besides that... fun.

# 2

The Animaniacs

Animaniacs.png

Oh, stop it Pasidon, they all said.  No, YOU stop it.  What an incredible show.  It's a cartoon about the Warner Brothers (and the Warner Sister, Dot) going around the Warner Brothers movie studio lot, mocking "modern" politics and events with "child friendly" satire.  The show also includes Pinky and the Brain, which does the same thing, except with two rats who want to rule the world.  The show really explains itself.   The original show aired in the 90's, went heels-up when risky 90's cartoons were stabbed in the back by 23 US senators, but thanks to Steven Spielberg (no, seriously), It's back and it's on Hulu - aka - the free excuse to pirate it.  It goes right back on track with being ridiculous and really ridiculous, catching up on 22 years of missed jabs at world events.  "Is this crap seriously better than a space pirate carrying a green puppet around space?"  Well... 

The Queen's Gambit

MV5BM2EwMmRhMmUtMzBmMS00ZDQ3LTg4OGEtNjlk

Here we go... PASIDON.  It literally just came out.  You're just exaggerating how good it is since you literally just finished it 6 hours ago.  Hey, Pasidon.  Why do you keep talking to yourself in the perspective of people who don't actually say these things?  ... Well, anyway.  Queen's Gambit is about a red-headed girl who learns chess from a janitor and she turns out to be really good at it.  And that's really about it.

Honorable mentions: Raised by Wolves & Lovecraft Country. 

Why are these honorable mentions and not just in the stupid list?  Because I haven't bothered to see them yet and they're probably good.  See you next year.

#2 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,187 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:00 PM

The Animaniacs? I know WB brought back an underrated classic. I was about to watch Blood of Zeus headlined by Elias Toufexis. (you know who that is)

The Mandalorian.... still an epic series thus far.

So far most of the new web series are making me sleepy as I am giving up watching reality shows after 2020. Still wishing for a final season of S.W.A.T., The Blacklist, 9-1-1, 9-1-1 Lone Star and maybe 24 (if it does get rebooted), and then I am done watching any TV series.

And one more thing, where have you been... Pasidon?

#3 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 01 December 2020 - 08:48 PM

Well, next year is going to be even worse for TV.  Everything filmed is going to be done around social distancing parameters and have masks laying around like water bottles on Game of Thrones.  And I've been around almost every day.  I just don't post as much to make myself look more mysterious.

#4 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:55 PM

Well... broadcast TV is on the brink of extinction no matter how many reboots/remakes they are trying to bring back because Netflix and all other TV streaming services have dominated. Even cable TV is endangered as more people are cutting the cord for online streaming.

Even the Netflix CEO predicted that broadcast TV will be dead in a decade from now: https://www.cordcutt...e-dead-by-2030/

And then I found out more:

https://www.broadcas...d-by-streaming/

and

https://www.investop...ustry-dying.asp

and

https://www.nytimes....dvertising.html

#5 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 02 December 2020 - 10:24 PM

Cable and public broadcast TV probably won't survive another 10 years, but really, thanks to all of these online monthly subscription services and their exclusive shows like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Disney+, it's the exact same thing.

#6 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 10:55 PM

And radio isn't dead yet where the evolution of Internet radio becomes the new radio. I wonder who still listens to Sirius XM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users