Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:30 AM

Did I really miss 2019's worst shows, or were there just no bad shows?  Flip a coin.  Hi, welcome back to Bad Shows by Pasidon, where we feature 5 random shows he didn't like and tag them with 5 random numbers between 1-5.  Don't worry.  I didn't have any trouble finding 5 bad shows this year.

Star Trek Discovery

81iamrchEGL._SS500_.jpg

"Oh the humanity" says everyone who can say that.  It's a pretty show.  It's also pretty bad.  It's funny since Discovery was in my 2017 best show list, and now here we are.  Do good shows really turn bad this often, or am I just bad at this crap?  Don't answer that.  Making alternative universes as an excuse to ruin the franchise in ways you wouldn't normally be allowed?  Check.  ... What other checks do you need?  Just don't watch it.

Vikings

vikings-tv-show-1546970474.jpg?crop=1.00

WHAT HAPPENED??? There was ACTION.  There was DRAMA.  There were YURTS.  Ok, all three of those things are still in there, but glue-gunned beards around the world are dropping at how bad it is now.  Here's a fun little game.  I'll give you 3 terrible plot ideas.  Two I completely made up and one actually happened in the show.  Guess which one really happened.

1. A plot point about a child with a creepy puppet who upsets his king because he pretended the puppet was a king.

2. A character from season 1 walks into a volcano, yells really loud, and dies for no reason after being on the show for 4 years.

3. Ivar the Boneless and a Russian king ride a balloon like a water ski and bond like it's a 2010 romantic comedy.

Ok, folks.  Make your guess.  Good luck everyone.

Answer:

Spoiler

Supernatural 

supernatural-series-finale.jpg

Years of blundering with really bad demon contact lenses are finally over as Supernatural finally finds a natural death and ends the show.  Did it at least have a good ending?  Well, it's on my worst shows list yet again, so what do you think?

Haunting of Bly Manor

375px-The_Haunting_of_Bly_Manor.jpeg

"See you back on the list next season, House Hill" is certainly something I said back in 2018.  Just to throw me off, they changed its name, but you gotta get up earlier in the day to fool old Pasidon. They actually had me going for a few episodes.  It started off decent.  Then nothing happened.  Then more nothing happened.  Then... more nothing.  Then more flash-back-flash-forward crap again.  Then more nothing.  Go away.

Star Trek Picard

Star-Trek-Picard-poster.jpg

OH.  What's this?  OH MY.  2020, the gag reflex of television history, has 2 Star Trek shows on the list?  There was no doubt what deserved to take the gold toilet brush this year after watching Picard, the long awaited sequel to Star Trek: Next Generation.  In fact, this show might be the worst show EVER MADE.  Jean Luke Picard is back and older than ever with a plot line so confused, even the actors under 100 years old looked lost.  The show itself even has dementia since it literally forgets about all of its plot points 3 hours into the show.  It's a story about preserving the legacy of artificial life by saving the daughter of Commander Data from the hands of the Romulans.  We learn that Commander Data can't be remade since artificial life technology will never be advanced enough to rebuild him.  Well... Picard is diagnosed with a terminal illness in the first episode, forgets he's dying until the final episode, actually dies, then is rebuilt using advanced artificial life technology that makes him pretty much exactly the same, except he can die of old age, so there was no point in that plot, and this all happened after Picard had a conversation with Commander Data, who is suddenly still alive in a processor that magically appears, who asks Picard to kill him off since he wants to die a natural death, but apparently, can actually be easily rebuilt and given a natural death since they literally do that for Picard.  The menacing bad guy randomly becomes a good guy on the turn of a dime for no reason.  The guy who plays Data is actually in the show as the grandson of the guy who Data was modeled off of, but it's... literally the guy who plays Data and looks exactly like him.  There's some sort of plot point about Romulan conspiracies that the show sort of just forgets about.  One of Picard's crew members literally murderers her own husband on the ship and no one really cared.  Robots try and summon mecha Cthulhu with a radio antenna at some point.  And Picard dressed up like an 18th century French pirate to kidnap someone.  Renewed for season 2.  Ok.  See you next year, Picard.  

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 03 December 2020 - 07:57 AM

An honorable mention to the CGI Jurassic Park show on Netflix, by the way.  Life finds a way to cash in on terrible spinoffs and will forever continued to do so.

#3 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 03 December 2020 - 05:54 PM

The Star Trek series is becoming an old relic. Let it die.

Oh, I didn't even know of a CGI version of Jurassic Park. I tend to avoid spinoffs, with the exception of The Mandalorian.

Still waiting for the Miami Vice reboot, probably it'll come around the time GTA VI is released.

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 04 December 2020 - 02:40 AM

Jurassic Park: Kamp Kritatious.  It's targeted towards children who hate good TV.  It's also one K away from being white supremacist's top 5 shows of the year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users