4 replies to this topic

#1 Pestum

Pestum
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:57 AM

Greetings everyone!

I found this bugs inherents from AOTR

- Sometimes (%50 of the time) some AI units attack and can´t be attacked. Beetwen 2 and 6 units from the squad moves independents.  If my units try to attack (from direct order or attack/move) they just stay at attack range but do nothing. Specially annoying for attack/move.

- Related to the bug before. AI capture structures beeing in base or too far to capture. The reaction of the squad reordering is the same as the previous bug. They move to reunite with the rest, sometimes to the base, and sometimes to the flag who are capturing.

- Returning the ring to the fortress leaves the squad or hero buged trying to in and out from the fortress. Doesn´t happened with Dol Guldur faction and doesn´t happend too often.

- AI have some problems recognizing the threat of the new lairs, specially trollsx3, they throw squad after sqaud to death. Eventually they do the job.

- In 6 FFA or 8 FFA (even 4 FFA size of map perhaps?) the AI shut down when 2, 3 or 4 players been destroyed. Is like AI have the objective of destroy this and that opponent and that´s it. When the map is large, they do some skirmish in the middle of the map and after that nothing.

That´s it. Excuse my english and good night.

#2 Nerevar42

Nerevar42
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 08:59 AM

I completely agree, I have encountered every bug reported here myself while playing the mod. For the units that are derping out while capturing buildings or that become suddenly invulnerable, I think this may be a consequence of the AI trying to do multiple actions at the same time with a batallion : capturing and attacking, even though the batallion we are talking about isn't even fully out of the barracks. For the new lairs, I agree that seeing the MM AI sending dozens of goblin screechers batallions to their death on big troll lairs appears quite unfortunate.

"C'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron."

#3 Old_Nosey

Old_Nosey
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:49 PM

I can affirm the 6-8 player AI wigging out bit, I play with some pals in a PvE and the AI has noticeably less pressure in all stages of the game than when it's 1v1 or 2v2, we've had to resort to 3-4 Death Marches to keep it fun and challenging whereas in 1v1's or 2v2's the AI puts much more pressure and is much more difficult, I have no idea what could be causing it though.

#4 Pestum

Pestum
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 05:22 AM

Hello again! The post was created for version 6.0. 

I´ve been playing 6.1 and noticed a great change on the AI and is great and very welcome but the mentioned bugs persist. 

Thanks AOTR team for your work and this fantastic mod!

#5 Pestum

Pestum
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 July 2021 - 08:24 PM

Any advance with those bugs? No changes for 7.0 except for black uruks, now they join to the buggy hordes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users