• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 truefeel

truefeel
  • Project Team
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 11:11 AM

Hello,

I am trying to extract map files from the official .big files of the game and view them in the worldbuilder to learn a thing or 2 from them. I do this with the OS BIG Editor. However, when I do this, whether it be SP or MP map files, the worldbuilder would crash upon loading said map with the following message:

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION:
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual
address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Access address 0x4d8ab000 was read from.

Exception occured at
007e6298 Worldbuilder.exe+0x3e6298, StringBase<unsigned short>::swap+0x1b76d.

(I left out the stack trace. Do let me know if this is required to fix the issue)

After hitting ok on this window, I will get a runtime error and the worldbuilder closes.

The strange thing is, if I open up custom maps, or extracted maps from mods like Tiberium Essence, that will work just fine without an issue. I have been trying to crack this problem for days now and I just cannot figure out what is causing this issue. I like to repeat, I only have this problem with extracted map files from the official MP/SP .big files (1.0). Extracted map files from none-official .big files will work!

I have placed the maps inside the cnc3 maps folder in the appdata>roaming>cnc3 folder. I did notice that maps -which do not cause a crash- loaded outside this folder will also load up perfectly fine. I am running The Ultimate Collection version from Origin. Maybe it is a game version issue?

EDIT: terribly sorry if this is the wrong subforum; just move to the appropiate one if needed.

Edited by truefeel, 03 January 2021 - 11:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users