Model partially invisible

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 badidonk

badidonk
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 01:05 PM

Hi Guys, so I know that this has been asked a million times, but I didn't find a thread related to the problem I'm having with creating my mod, most of the issues are about missing textures (pink or white models), etc.

just so you know I'm aware of the process of adding new art as I've done it many times before, now I'm stuck trying to add model structures, so I've added the textures that the model requires but still appears missing textures as you'll see in the attached images.

what I've done is check the models with a text editor to see which textures they need and so I paste them but after that I realize the it's not complete as you can see in the image shown with FinalBig, then I used sy's Asset Builder and click on edit W3D to double check for all the textures and it doesn't show one texture's name, like if it wasn't added to the model, but as I mentioned when I open the model with a text editor, the files are mentioned so it confuses me. also when I clicked in View W3D the only meshes that have a texture assigned are the meshes that only appear in game which you'll see on the uploaded image and explains why it appear like that in the game.

is it possible that the remaining textures get added to the structure via code? it's hard to understand why they appear invisible, I mean, in order to hide some meshes you have to first create a code and then they'll be hidden or can this be set within the model?

if anyone can help me with this I'd be much appreciated, It's got me stuck for my mod.

NOTE:  I'm a coder not a modeler, so if to fix this I have to do it through Renx/Gmax I'm gonna have a hard time xD.

Attached Thumbnails

• Captura de pantalla 2021-01-04 a las 2.17.15 a. m..png
  • Captura de pantalla 2021-01-04 a las 2.18.51 a. m..png

Edited by badidonk, 07 January 2021 - 01:14 PM.

#2 Dickenson

Dickenson
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Projects:best of - mod

Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:07 PM

You make mod for bfme I or II?  Because if the models use normal maps, bfme 1 will not read them and model will be invisible. Also I noticed that when i apply .dds textures to models, in bfme 1 are invisible so i must them covnert to .tga.

If you want, you can send me model and textures and i will check it and if i can i will help.

Edited by Dickenson, 08 January 2021 - 10:07 PM.

#3 Felipe Roll-st

Felipe Roll-st

Talion

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:50 AM

have you tried to replace the textures? you mentioned you use Sy's asset builder, some models I've had to change the textures by changing the name in the model's file with a text editor and then assigning those with the option "Replace" in asset builder, It has worked for me in the past.

#4 badidonk

badidonk
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 12:19 PM

sweet, 

You make mod for bfme I or II?  Because if the models use normal maps, bfme 1 will not read them and model will be invisible. Also I noticed that when i apply .dds textures to models, in bfme 1 are invisible so i must them covnert to .tga.

If you want, you can send me model and textures and i will check it and if i can i will help.

I will pm you Dickenson

#5 badidonk

badidonk
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 12:20 PM

have you tried to replace the textures? you mentioned you use Sy's asset builder, some models I've had to change the textures by changing the name in the model's file with a text editor and then assigning those with the option "Replace" in asset builder, It has worked for me in the past.

yeah, unfortunately no textures appear on the asset builder to change them, only the ones that you can see

Edited by badidonk, 09 January 2021 - 12:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users