23 replies to this topic

#21 Moreartillery

Moreartillery
  • Members
  • 246 posts
  • Projects:Cinematic Battles

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:22 PM

Wow! It looks great.

As for polygons, the sisters vehicle building has 5.5K polygons (not counting the scaffolding in the build anim) and that was released 12 years ago. So I think it'd be quite safe for new buildings to have 10K today.

Developer of the Cinematic Battles mod.

https://www.moddb.co...nematic-battles

#22 Tony33

Tony33
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:58 AM

Ty, I managed to reduce the polygon to just around 10k.

The hammerfall bunker is really a mess from design wise lol.

a. It is implied as deep strike defense, so with those unnecessary "wings" like structure resembling drop pod design elements. But that design only serve to obstruct the missile pod rotation, I tried my best to adjust that while retain the original feel, but still can only achieve 15 degree of freely vertical rotation during horizontal rotating.

b. The mysterious stabilizer claws or feets. These really confuse me, and I am still thinking how to implementing animation of these parts. The whole weapon system wont produce that huge amount of recoil force to need for a four feet stabilizer setup. And if they are used during structure leveling during initial deployment from orbit, it's still weird but still the way I intend to go.

c. No doors for troops outside to garrison in. I think GW should really just call it turret LOL.

d. Fixed weapon and no rotation possible in the lower bunker weapon part. I tried to fix it in my way.

Attached File  01.PNG   231.35KB   0 downloads

Weapon choice for bunker part: heavy bolter, heavy flamer, multi-melta and laser cannon.

Attached File  01.JPG   44.58KB   0 downloadsAttached File  02.JPG   42.01KB   0 downloads

Anyways, modelling is pretty much done, now will move on to texturing :)

Edited by Tony33, 23 February 2021 - 01:28 AM.

#23 Moreartillery

Moreartillery
  • Members
  • 246 posts
  • Projects:Cinematic Battles

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:23 AM

After you do the uvw unwrapping but before finishing the texture, I recommend getting it ingame with the green wireframe place holder texture. OE and the game have some limitations around texture size that I don't fully understand. Just make sure the textures and mesh work ingame before finishing them.

Developer of the Cinematic Battles mod.

https://www.moddb.co...nematic-battles

#24 Tony33

Tony33
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 02:56 AM

After you do the uvw unwrapping but before finishing the texture, I recommend getting it ingame with the green wireframe place holder texture. OE and the game have some limitations around texture size that I don't fully understand. Just make sure the textures and mesh work ingame before finishing them.

oh, thats very important to know. I was just learning how to texture in dow style though :) Ty.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users