failed to connect bfme 2 otherwise works only with my friend

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nefendrial

Nefendrial
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 01:28 AM

We, a group of three friends, started playing recently. I had no difficulties playing with friend number 1 and we enjoyed the game.
When I created a lobby where I and friend number 2 were, it showed us that the other one's cionnection lost. 
This would seem like the problem resides within the friend number 2, but both friend n.1 and friend n. 2 can play together.

This means that friend number 1 can play with both of us, but while we can play with seperately, we can't play together.
Any hints or suggestions what could be the problem please? ^^

#2 Angmar009

Angmar009
  • T3A Staff
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 01:37 AM

https://forums.revor...rwarding-guide/ I would recommend looking at that, it goes over how to fix common connection issues

They don't care if support needs help until support decides they don't want to help anymore.

#3 Azanged

Azanged
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 10:46 PM

I'm having the same problem. 

B can connect to A (green dot), which would imply A and B have correctly forwarded ports and disabled firewall

C can connect to A (green dot), which would imply A and C have correctly forwarded ports and disabled firewall

But B cannot connect to C (loading dot), and I cannot figure why.

I (B) have followed the guide here https://forums.revor...rwarding-guide/, disabled my firewall completely, and setup UDP port forwarding to my local IP, exact same for my friend ©, both on Windows 10. "A" is just a random guy we joined in a lobby that we both could connect to while not being able to connect to each other.

Is it possible that the fact that X can connect to Y does not imply that Y can connect to X ?

#4 Angmar009

Angmar009
  • T3A Staff
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 03:50 AM

It is possible that if you have the "FirewallPortOverride = 16000" line in your options.ini, it will make you unable to host.
They don't care if support needs help until support decides they don't want to help anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users