Red Alert 3 refuses to launch

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Yuri707

Yuri707
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 07:25 AM

I've used this software before for other games and it works fine (CNC TW3/KW) and I can also get Uprising to launch but that's not what I want to play. There are no error messages. No game launching and crashing to desktop. Nothing. I try to launch C&C3 from Origin, C&C:O, or from the RA3.exe it just opens another C&C:O window. If I click on RA3 the C&C:O window freezes and has to be killed with task manger. Again... no error messages in the log. My BIL is also trying this and it's not working for him either with the same circumstances except he has the game on Steam by itself. 

* Ultimate Collection version of Red Alert 3

* Windows 10

* Contents of error log:

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----

Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\

#2 xads

xads

title available

• Project Team
  • 347 posts
  •  Tech support

Posted 02 February 2021 - 09:18 AM

If you have the game hooked then you should try launching it from the shortcut, also as you have the ultimate collection getting a fix for it could potentially help with the problem https://www.moddb.co...-launchers-v101 . And keep in mind that if apps arent responding you should let them load a bit but if it does take too long then ofcourse you can kill it.

#3 Yuri707

Yuri707
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 11:32 AM

If you have the game hooked then you should try launching it from the shortcut, also as you have the ultimate collection getting a fix for it could potentially help with the problem https://www.moddb.co...-launchers-v101 . And keep in mind that if apps arent responding you should let them load a bit but if it does take too long then ofcourse you can kill it.

That did not help. Also, I of course let programs sort themselves out, but RA3 is unlaunchable. As I said, no matter how you try to launch it, it just opens CNC online, and if you try to launch it from that window, it freezes and never comes back.

#4 xads

xads

title available

• Project Team
  • 347 posts
  •  Tech support

Posted 03 February 2021 - 09:31 AM

Make sure that you have no antiviruses/firewalls hindering the process, even windows defender can prevent the proper launch of the game.

#5 Captain_Cool

Captain_Cool
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:01 PM

Hi, i have the same problem. The cnc loaded freezes. I tried unhooking the game and starting the cnc loader with admin rights directly, then when i click ra3 it opens the window to select which version of ra3 i want, regular or uprising, if i click ra3 it loads the game but then when trying to connect to the internet it displays a message failed to contact game servers. Firewall is turned off.

#6 Captain_Cool

Captain_Cool
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:20 PM

Solved it!

The steps i followed where:

Hook the game from the cnc launcher. Then start the game from the launcher. If it complains about missing dll files copy these from the ra3\core folder to the cnconline folder, I just copied all. Then when it shows the game selection screen choose ra3. It then opens up another cnc launcher. Close the first one and press ra3 again. It will freeze for about 30 seconds, then it starts ra3 and i could login to the network.

Edited by Captain_Cool, 17 February 2021 - 07:21 PM.

#7 Lexcorp1

Lexcorp1
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 12:40 AM

Solved it!

The steps i followed where:

Hook the game from the cnc launcher. Then start the game from the launcher. If it complains about missing dll files copy these from the ra3\core folder to the cnconline folder, I just copied all. Then when it shows the game selection screen choose ra3. It then opens up another cnc launcher. Close the first one and press ra3 again. It will freeze for about 30 seconds, then it starts ra3 and i could login to the network.

cant even find the location of the c&conline folder?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users