• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael137

Michael137
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 04:05 PM

Hi

I have both C&C3:TIberium Wars and C&C3:Kane's Wrath. These were installed in Steam on Windoze 10.

So I'm getting this problem every time I run C&C:Online. It starts with generals.exe and then when I ignore the error, it continues generatoing an error for the rest of the C&C titles.

I had a look at \Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ImageFileExecutionOptions\ to try to adds the keys manually but this section of the registry is read only. So please, for everyone's sanity please add exception handling when trying to read missing registry keys.

Interestingly, this produced an error for both CNC3.exe and CNC3EP1.exe even though I have these installed and when I looked in this section of the registry, there are no keys for CNC3.exe or CNC3EP1.exe. This would suggest that, with the Steam versions at least, these registry keys are no longer used.

I have tried to Hook the games but I don't get any confirmation and no tick next to the names, however, I can launch both games from C&C:Online and I was able to host a game online when I quickly tried it yesterday.

This is such a great service you are running here and it’s a shame to have it spoiled by a dated program. I’m sure there are many like myself who would appreciate a fix for this.

Thank you

Michael

#2 xads

xads

title available

• Project Team
  • 347 posts
  •  Tech support

Posted 16 February 2021 - 11:38 AM

Do you have either the 360 total security antivirus or incorrectly installed windows updates? since both of those can cause the errors youre getting

#3 Michael137

Michael137
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 12:05 PM

I have Avast and windoze is up to date. I disabled Avast and set C&C:Online to run in adminstration mode.

Today I uninstalled Avast and it made no difference. It would appear that section of the registry is read only and nothing I have tried can get past that.

Edited by Michael137, 16 February 2021 - 02:38 PM.

#4 Medstar

Medstar
  • Project Team
  • 50 posts
  •  Programmer/Help Team Member

Posted 17 February 2021 - 12:34 AM

Private message me with your issue so far on Discord: Medstar#1550

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users