You must download the update to play LOTR: ROTWK Online

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pguzman14

pguzman14
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 11:32 PM

Hi, I'm trying to to Play LOTR: BFME2 ROTWK, Age of the Ring Mod online. I have everything downloaded and ready, and I can play solo and skirmish but not multiplayer online. I continue to get the "You must download the update to play LOTR: ROTWK online "  I click OK and then get "You must have administrator rights to install the patch", if I click cancel the game goes back to the screen. Please help

#2 SamTheManWithThePlan

SamTheManWithThePlan
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 02:40 PM

As far as I know, no version of the game supports the "online" option on the multiplayer button anymore. This is because GameSpy shut their servers down ages ago. To play AOTR online, follow this tutorial for GameRanger: 

Or, if you want to play on T3A's online server, use the tutorial on this page: https://aotr.fandom....iki/Multiplayer

#3 pguzman14

pguzman14
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 11:44 PM

As far as I know, no version of the game supports the "online" option on the multiplayer button anymore. This is because GameSpy shut their servers down ages ago. To play AOTR online, follow this tutorial for GameRanger: 

Or, if you want to play on T3A's online server, use the tutorial on this page: https://aotr.fandom....iki/Multiplayer

Thanks, i tried the t3aonline steps, no luck. I get the error above. I'll try gameranger and report back.

#4 SamTheManWithThePlan

SamTheManWithThePlan
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 12:49 AM

I've never used T3A online (only GameRanger), so I can't really help you very much there. Did you try to run as admin and/or XP SP3 compatibility mode?

Edit: actually, using the GameRanger guide on the fandom link is much easier than the youtube tutorial. No installations other than regular GameRanger are needed

Edited by SamTheManWithThePlan, 10 March 2021 - 02:01 AM.

#5 Piluben

Piluben
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 01:13 PM

@pguzman14 Did you solve your problem with T3A online? I have the same issue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users