• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zonyedone

zonyedone
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 11:40 PM

Hi 

So im realy new to modding dont have mutch knowledge about it, i tried to mess around a little bit with structures so i tried to make the wall we can build on. faction almoast indestructable for fun, so i want to data/ini/gamdeata and i tried changing the values of (#define DWARVEN_WALLHUB_SMALL_HEALTH 3000, DWARVEN_WALLSEGMENT_SMALL_HEALTH) . And i change it to like 300000 so it could instantly test it in the game. When i started playing the hp on howering the wall was back to normal value so i thought thats a preset image, and game went on and the enemy destroyed my walls rly fast like a normal wall... siege weapons did like 5 hit destroy. Is there any way i can make the buildable walls almoast undestructable or actualy indestructable to try it out for fun, or am i missing something?

Plz help

#2 bilbothehobbit

bilbothehobbit
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Projects:RR_Mod.
  •  Complete Idiot

Posted 11 March 2021 - 02:24 PM

are you using the mod command? If you are, don't change the values in gamedata.ini, change them directly at the ini of whatever object you are trying to adjust

#3 manowar095

manowar095
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 11:52 AM

are you using the mod command? If you are, don't change the values in gamedata.ini, change them directly at the ini of whatever object you are trying to adjust

Is there a way to use some new file where you put your own constants then? i.e. some values are defined in gamedata.ini, others are don't which seems inconsistently to me. Plus in most cases you'll want to use same values for similar buildings/units for different faction.

For example, all farms have Radius = 300 in corresponding files. I want to change it, and I have to do over all resource buildings (gondor farm, gnome mine, mordor slaughter, etc.). What I want is to define a single constant and use it for all buildings.

I tried to create a new file and then include it to the farm.ini file; however, it seems that you cannot use #define statement in such files

Is it completely impossible to do what I want?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users