Contra 009 causes other mods to malfunction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Atha Yus

Atha Yus
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 05:38 PM

I have installed Contra 009 and then installing another mod (ShockWave and Rise of the Reds). When I try to play ShockWave and RotR, I got a Technical Difficulties message. I've changed all patch file from .ctr to .big (as requested in the Readme file). But the Technical Difficulties message still appear when I tried to play ShockWave and RotR.

Previously, when I was using Windows 7, I was able to play Contra 009 and Rise of the Reds without getting the Technical Difficulties message. However, after I upgraded to Windows 10, So I can't play Contra 009 with other mods.

What should I do to solve this problem? Are there any mods that aren't compatible with Contra?

#2 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 29 March 2021 - 11:34 PM

I've changed all patch file from .ctr to .big (as requested in the Readme file).

That is the problem. Installing the mod manually will cause the vanilla game and other mods not to work. You are supposed to use the Contra Launcher, which enables the mod's files when you launch the game, and disables them when you exit.

Manual installation is required only if you cannot run the launcher for whatever reason. You have to rename all files back to disable the mod.

If you installed Contra manually on purpose and don't want to do this process every time, make a copy of your game folder (without ShockWave and Rise of the Reds) and install Contra there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users