• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _VENDETTA_5

_VENDETTA_5
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:32 PM

hi. 

This problem I am (and my friends) having is started getting into my nervous. we installed zero hour and C&C tiberium Wars and every time we create and join a lobby together the game doesn't start and gives connection error and the weird part is this happens only when we try to play together either two of us or 4 of us but when one of us joins other random players the game launches and we are able to play normally unless more than 1 of us in the same lobby that's when we are getting the error. we tried almost every youtube video and posts in forms with no result.

can someone please help me understand what the issue is? 

#2 xads

xads

title available

• Project Team
  • 347 posts
  •  Tech support

Posted 22 April 2021 - 07:59 AM

So all of you can play on your own with randoms? 

If that is the case then the only explanation i have is that youre on the same network meaning that in order to solve this you will have to either not be on the same network or use a vpn like https://windscribe.com/ .

that is if you want to play multiplayer with other people and not just in your group for which you can use LAN provided that youre on the same network.

#3 _VENDETTA_5

_VENDETTA_5
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 05:40 PM

If that is the case then the only explanation i have is that youre on the same network meaning that in order to solve this you will have to either not be on the same network or use a vpn like https://windscribe.com/ .

that is if you want to play multiplayer with other people and not just in your group for which you can use LAN provided that youre on the same network.

yes we all can play on our onw with randoms. 

about the VPN.. my friend downloaded and used windscribe and I still couldn't launch a game with him it's giving the same error (can't connect to other player's). we are all in same city not using same router or network if that's what you mean.

Edited by _VENDETTA_5, 22 April 2021 - 05:41 PM.

#4 Medstar

Medstar
  • Project Team
  • 50 posts
  •  Programmer/Help Team Member

Posted 09 May 2021 - 02:58 AM

yes we all can play on our onw with randoms. 

about the VPN.. my friend downloaded and used windscribe and I still couldn't launch a game with him it's giving the same error (can't connect to other player's). we are all in same city not using same router or network if that's what you mean.

Your friend needs to make sure that the IP address set in game is the new local IP address that Windscribe sets the computer to use. In the game's network settings, there's a drop-down box section for local IP addresses--he needs to select the one that is added after Windscribe is turned on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users