Performance and Stability Comparisons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Helper01

Helper01
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:11 AM

Having gotten into BFME2 1.09v2, I've been trying to understand how mods in general, but especially AOTR and the aforementioned one, work in relation to performance and stability. I ask, in part, due to how BFME2 1.09v2 incorporates new models and HD graphics, etc, yet seems to have better performance and stability even in games with many players and units, and even with graphics turned up. Some fps drops, of course, but nothing severe, nor have I yet to see the game crash. I'm no pro, so I don't have any tech to objectively measure these things, only my experiences in-game. I honestly don't know much about modding, but would love to understand more about this specific subject above. Is it that AOTR uses so much extra or new assets? Is there any way to pull from what the folks at 1.09v2 have done to increase performance and stability for AOTR, or does the AOTR mod just work too differently?

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:24 AM

It's the number of textures we use to accomodate the number of new structures, units, and heroes.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Helper01

Helper01
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:11 PM

Dang. Is the performance and stability something that can be improve over time as a result, or something more or less fixed as is as a result of all these new textures, etc? I think this is a fantastic game, but the thing that kills it so often is the crazy framerate drops with more than four players or too many units onscreen, which is all half the fun. The other being the sheer eye candy the game offers at ultra high graphics. It's an old game, granted, but oh to be able to play without potato graphics to accommodate the drops in fps with higher numbers of players!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users