Increasing Performance and Stability

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Helper01

Helper01
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 05:29 PM

I recently discovered the Edain mod and have been wondering about something. That mod incorporates experimental performance boosts, such as the 4GB NT Core patch. It looks like the patch can be applied to other games than just that mod. Does anyone else more about this and if it and the other performance boost technology would work for AOTR, even if in just single player?

#2 Pestum

Pestum
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 12:11 PM

I canĀ“t find it. There is an app that let the x32 programs use up to 4gb. I believe this was on this forum but the searcher is horrible. 

I used once with no repercutions. I thinks you should try it for yourself and see if  works for you.

#3 lonkipt

lonkipt
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 04:40 PM

I feel like this is exactly what AOTR needs, honestly. Devs, would the NTcore technology work for AOTR?

#4 Hugh Janus

Hugh Janus
  • Project Team
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 03:15 PM

Some of us have tried the 4GB patch to varying degrees of success. I honestly don't think it will be the answer to everybody's performance issues: some issues seem to be related to individual hardware, which we obviously can't influence.

#5 lonkipt

lonkipt
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:18 AM

Are their any pieces of hardware that seem to have consistently improved performance? You fine folks keep making new maps for many players, and campaign missions with many, many units, along with always adding new and better textures and graphics, so, theoretically, at least, there's gotta be a way to be able to enjoy all of the above without serious performance issues, right?

For the devs, what specific hardware do you guys use or recommend for playing AOTR? This is one of those issues that's just getting under my skin more and more. I absolutely love this mod and am willing to put in extra work to get it working right, if I can. Any thoughts on the hardware, as per above?

#6 hansnery

hansnery
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 10:40 PM

I've tried this patch and my experience was that it prevents the game from crashing but it does lag the game. It also causes the game to go out of synch if you play with someone without it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users