Galadriel's Gifts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Helper01

Helper01
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 05:52 PM

Galadriel's gifts play a somewhat important part for the characters in the books and the films, even apart from one of the key ones, the phial and the cloaks, so I wonder if there's a way to incorporate the others into the game, somehow. I like the way the Edain mod does it, where Galadriel has the ability to give a different gift to each hero of the faction. Maybe something different, though, for AOTR, could be to just have an additional power for each of the Fellowship members that utilizes said gift? This would be especially intriguing for Aragorn and the Elfstone he's given in the books. Maybe for the version of his character for the Rivendell faction, especially, this could play a bigger part, but obviously for his Elessar power. Not sure what it could do. Maybe an increase to magic protection? I don't know. Boromir's golden belt would be interesting, and could provide greater leadership bonuses or armor buffs; and I could see Samwise using the dirt he receives in the books as a way of summoning in a mallorn tree with special powers. Having the Elven rope as a way of scaling high places, similar in function to Dol Guldur's bigger spider ability to scale mountains and such, would be beneficial to helping Frodo and Sam escape in certain areas, and sneak through others.

Any ideas?

#2 Pestum

Pestum
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 07:32 PM

I think we have enough skills and abilities. Adding one more with various effects... mmh i don´t like it. Perhaps for that reason i don´t like Edain at all or simple the gameplay for bfme1.

Galadriel is a fantastic and enigmatic character. Your idea could be use for some scenario or campaigns but i think is too much for skirmish matches.

#3 lonkipt

lonkipt
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 04:12 PM

I really like Helper01's suggestion. Maybe a different working idea would be to have it as a spellbook power instead of more abilities? In this way, it could work to help with teammates, too.

One of the more intriguing ideas to come out of the Edain mod is how certain abilities have a kind of synergy that only work with teammates. What if this idea for the spellbook power, somethinf only in Lothlorien's spellbook tree, was able to be used on other factions to give a special power or something to the Fellowship heroes of those factions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users