CNC 3 & Kane's Wrath Closes After Splash Screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hexalisk

hexalisk
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:19 AM

Using Origin Ultimate Collection on Windows 10. When I launch TW or KW I see the splash screen in front of my desktop and then it closes and goes straight back to Origin. This happened before and after I downloaded CNC online launcher. Tried launching everything as admin already. Also did the hook thing for both tw/kw.

LOG
----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: C&C3
C&C3 Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\
Started game with: ""Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\CNC3.exe""
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from C&C3. Detaching...
Found game.dat process. PID 13556
*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***
CA public key is expe

Game: Kane's Wrath
Kane's Wrath Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Kanes Wrath\
Started game with: "CNC3EP1.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\CNC3.exe" "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Kane's Wrath. Detaching...
Found game.dat process. PID 14128
ERROR: game.dat process not found.

C&C3 Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\
Started game with: ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\CNC3.exe" "

Started game with: ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\CNC3.exe" "

Edited by hexalisk, 25 June 2021 - 11:30 AM.

#2 xads

xads

title available

• Project Team
  • 347 posts
  •  Tech support

Posted 28 June 2021 - 08:41 AM

So for this you most likely will need the ultimate collection fix https://github.com/M...Fixed-Launchers so install, extract and run it for the games that you want to be patched. After this open cnc online hook the game then close cnc online and run the game from its shortcut.

#3 hexalisk

hexalisk
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 01:41 AM

Ok, I downloaded that and now I get a different menu screen on top of the splash screen (the original cnc3 launcher menu from release I guess), but it still closes without error message when I click play. 
https://i.gyazo.com/...337590f9496.mp4 - check here to see exactly what happens (it doesnt crash that fast, the splash screen hangs for like 30s but I only have 7 seconds on gyazo gif to record :p)

I tried hooking, rehooking, launching from desktop shortcut, launching from CNC launcher, launching from Origin, none work.

Edited by hexalisk, 29 June 2021 - 01:44 AM.

#4 hexalisk

hexalisk
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 06:38 AM

My speaker cable was plugged into my audio interface causing some kind of launch issue with cnc3. Unplugging speakers from audio interface and into directly into my pc fixed it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users