1. If you have cnc online open, close it before doing anything else.
2. Not necessary, but in some cases it helps, disable your antivirus.
3. Open steam/origin, and create a shortcut for your game.
4. Open CNC Online and hook your game, then close the launcher.
5. Now double click the shortcut you created, it should take you to the cnc online launcher, and go from there. <----- if you have folowwed this and the launcher shows not responding than thats completelty ok just give it some time (the worst case was 30min but i never exxperienced such a case by myself) i would give it like 5 to 7 min and see if it ecentually starts
about the network thing are you and your friend trying to use the same origin copy for 2 systems?
the ssleay32.dll issue will be solved with the follwoing of the correct hooking procedure