Photo

d3d8.dll gentool keeps getting flagged as virus by my virus scan.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 electrofooty

electrofooty
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 01:05 PM

i tried extracting the file from the gentool folder but my virus scanner keeps removing it as a threat.

Has anyone experience this?

Regards

#2 Edvin2090

Edvin2090

Tech Support Admin

• Division Leaders
  • 255 posts
  • Projects:C&C Online discord
  •  Blueberry pie
  • Division:C&C Online
  • Job:Administraitor

Posted 17 October 2021 - 01:16 PM

Have you tried setting it as an exeptions? 

as our files are not a threat. and there should not be anything to be worried about. 

If the issue keeps presisting, then please try to explain exactly what you are doing to the files.

mabye this will help you whit your cnc problem https://forums.revor...sues-solutions/

rember to give as mutch info as you can befor posting support tickets this will help you. https://forums.revor...-report-issues/

If you want to reach me faster for some support, feel free to join our discord server. https://discord.gg/hPPfJT3
You can tagg either me @edvin#2274 or @tech support in the chat #support

#3 electrofooty

electrofooty
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 06:00 AM

Hi Edvin2090,

Thank you for your swift reply.

I want to play C&C generals online with my pals. Hence, from the guide on this website, it was stated to paste d3d8.dll file into the game root folder. As such, i downloaded the gentool. But then i try to extract the files, my virus scanner immediately removes it cos it suspects it as a threat.

Regards

electrofooty

#4 Edvin2090

Edvin2090

Tech Support Admin

• Division Leaders
  • 255 posts
  • Projects:C&C Online discord
  •  Blueberry pie
  • Division:C&C Online
  • Job:Administraitor

Posted 18 October 2021 - 07:54 AM

May I ask where you got the game from, as different location different cause for the problem. 

mabye this will help you whit your cnc problem https://forums.revor...sues-solutions/

rember to give as mutch info as you can befor posting support tickets this will help you. https://forums.revor...-report-issues/

If you want to reach me faster for some support, feel free to join our discord server. https://discord.gg/hPPfJT3
You can tagg either me @edvin#2274 or @tech support in the chat #support

#5 electrofooty

electrofooty
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 08:40 AM

I got the game from the origin app.

#6 Cervanthes

Cervanthes

Minister of Member reeducation

• Division Leaders
  • 1,111 posts
  • Location:wherever command wants me to be youll usually find me around good beer and food
  • Projects:CCO/T3AO Servers, Automatch, Network and con fixes, sabotaging GDI bases
  •  Asked a question but no answer yet? high chance that im not reachable atm, check our discord instead!
  • Division:CCO/T3AO & Revora
  • Job:Effectively Wall-E just for Revora & there is no god up here but me!
  • Donated

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:11 PM

greetings mate,
the reason gentool and especially this .dll is  flagged as a threat is that some bits in gentool are written in a coding language which get flagged instantly due to its hostory of being used for malware a second reason is that the exact dll you are refeerring to is used via a dll injector which will inject into your game and will work over the exxecutable and therfore will be flagged due to its way of working since it runs over the ain ecevutable and can modify slash observer it. 

depending on what av you are using you can click on more information and resotre the file or you deactivate your av during the installation 

also your av will have a accesible virus container slash containment pr quarantine area where you can select the file and restore/allow  it 

i tried extracting the file from the gentool folder but my virus scanner keeps removing it as a threat.

Regards

Welcome to Cerv's Collection of insults and threats

Those are real messages i have gotten over my time being here sometimes the creativity knows no limits these are in no particular order and mostly display my favorites i have gotten so far

any typos in those are not from me i just copied them over as i got them

•  
  • Category Servers, DDOS, Hacking
    •  
    • Enjoy your DDOS
      You should have not fcked with us one phone call and we can take you offline forever
      wow your server is so insecure i can already see all your algorithms
      im stealing your data as we speak
      my brother can hack when i tell him to hacker you he will do it because he likes me and believes me when i tell him to hacker someone!
      hahahaha i already shared your ip with my group they are so easy to get via discord you are not safe!
      i will hak you during tournament gaame so everyon think you hak but actual i hak but no one can now cuz you are hak
    •  
    Category Death threats, family, Animals?, friends
    •  
    • i will fuck your sister
      i hope you die in a isis attack
      you hak i know you hak your mom told my mom you hak
      i will fuck your dog
      useless software useless idiot i hope i will find you one day
      im a special forces soldier i can make one phonecall and get you killed
      you should have really not have done have crossed me should i am very danger and i will have find you should
      i will find your friends and capture them one by one till i find you
      i hope you die
      your mom should have thrown you like you threw this game <---- personal favourite of mine
      no need to focus me like i focussed your mom last night
      i hope someone rapers your dog
      i will eat your dog
      dog
      d
      eating dog
      fck
      you stupid bastard you see all those terror attacks recently? im well connected i can tell anyone to find you and they will
      unban me or i kill your dog
    •  
    Category .....i dont even know anymore
    •  
    • youll be loved by pigs
      pig lover
      pig
      you probably like chidren
      i send this chat to your commander you will be shot im danger
      ugly
      have a nice christmas you retard <--- quite nice honestly
    •  
    honorable mention: i will tell my cousing to go to iraq and find you he will make you kill he is danerus man
    Ruby's Special: shut up bald man

#7 Cervanthes

Cervanthes

• Division Leaders
  • 1,111 posts
  • Location:wherever command wants me to be youll usually find me around good beer and food
  • Projects:CCO/T3AO Servers, Automatch, Network and con fixes, sabotaging GDI bases
  •  Asked a question but no answer yet? high chance that im not reachable atm, check our discord instead!
  • Donated

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:13 PM

addding to this it seems like you are using the manual install way of gentool which is not really nesessary if you are using the origin version of the game   if this is not the case (i mean the use of the manual install) than you can ignore this message here

greetings mate,
the reason gentool and especially this .dll is  flagged as a threat is that some bits in gentool are written in a coding language which get flagged instantly due to its hostory of being used for malware a second reason is that the exact dll you are refeerring to is used via a dll injector which will inject into your game and will work over the exxecutable and therfore will be flagged due to its way of working since it runs over the ain ecevutable and can modify slash observer it. 

depending on what av you are using you can click on more information and resotre the file or you deactivate your av during the installation 

also your av will have a accesible virus container slash containment pr quarantine area where you can select the file and restore/allow  it 

Regards

Those are real messages i have gotten over my time being here sometimes the creativity knows no limits these are in no particular order and mostly display my favorites i have gotten so far

•  
    •  
    • Enjoy your DDOS
      You should have not fcked with us one phone call and we can take you offline forever
      my brother can hack when i tell him to hacker you he will do it because he likes me and believes me when i tell him to hacker someone!
      hahahaha i already shared your ip with my group they are so easy to get via discord you are not safe!
      i will hak you during tournament gaame so everyon think you hak but actual i hak but no one can now cuz you are hak
    •  
    •  
      i will fuck your dog
      you should have really not have done have crossed me should i am very danger and i will have find you should
      i hope you die
      your mom should have thrown you like you threw this game <---- personal favourite of mine
      i will eat your dog
      dog
      d
      eating dog
      fck
      you stupid bastard you see all those terror attacks recently? im well connected i can tell anyone to find you and they will
    •  
    •  
    • youll be loved by pigs
      pig lover
      pig
      ugly
    •  
    honorable mention: i will tell my cousing to go to iraq and find you he will make you kill he is danerus man

#8 Creepy2169

Creepy2169
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 03:59 PM

I also had this issue, and sort of fixed it. I disabled mcafee and put the file in manually. it worked then, but after a reboot now it does not. the file is there, but Gentool does not come up when i start the game (generals Zero Hour). 

any advice?

#9 Cervanthes

Cervanthes

• Division Leaders
  • 1,111 posts
  • Donated

Posted 26 October 2021 - 09:20 PM

I also had this issue, and sort of fixed it. I disabled mcafee and put the file in manually. it worked then, but after a reboot now it does not. the file is there, but Gentool does not come up when i start the game (generals Zero Hour). 

any advice?

can you create a own topic and tell  me where your game is from and what steps exactly you have done?  makes my work easier 

•  
    •  
    • Enjoy your DDOS
    •  
    •  
      i will fuck your dog
      i hope you die
      i will eat your dog
      dog
      d
      eating dog
      fck
    •  
    •  
    • youll be loved by pigs
      pig lover
      pig
      ugly
    •  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users