Persistent server bug - server kicking players randomly still going strong

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fried Chicken

Fried Chicken
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 05:14 AM

Please please please let this message reach the right person.

Zero Hour is already buggy enough to get a decent game going, with by my guess over 50% have connection issues during matchmaking, mismatches during games, and disconnect bugs during games.

To add to that, and something that can actually be done, the server seems to periodically and randomly kick players from the online servers.  It seems benign, but if it's the host of a game, the game is closed and everyone gets thrown out.  If a game has been organized, and everyone has accepted, suddenly someone gets kicked.

It's unbelievably frustrating.  Please please please, let some developer or someone have a look at this.  I suspect it's a small bug that can easily be rectified.  The gratitude that nobody will express will be immense.

#2 ZF_Cervanthes

ZF_Cervanthes

Tech Support

• Project Team
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:Learning to Mod KW and ZH, Discord Bot (not cabal), loosing my sanity
  •  Your ZH is bullying you? dont panic, ask me for help

Posted 08 November 2021 - 11:59 AM

Players getting randomly kicked in the lobby before they start a game is smth we are aware off and are looking into however we are not a professional team of high-end developers, and we are like only a handful of people who try to keep this whole operation here going  so i cant promise you that we will be able to magically fix that since it can also because from a player side of things some small hiccups in the connection or siting in the lobby for ages can cause that i know and we know that this is a annoying bug but in the end its just a quick relog its not like you getting completely logged out of the game and then not being able to access multiplayer anymore

about the problems you stated with matchmaking etc. 
these issues are not caused by our servers since the connection you have is always peer to peer with that i mean everytihng what happens when you start a game or your are in game  so random disconnects, miss matches, and lags are not smth we can tackle due to it being peer to peer  

if you have anymore questions dont hesitate to ask and i will see if i can answer them 

Greetings from Germany :D
if ur issue got solved please mark your post as answered it makes our work easier.
we also have a official discord server https://discord.gg/FbNJdMreQh u can find me on there as Astolfo-Chan#5475 my dms should be open otherwise just pop a friend request :D
P.S. gamenights are held every friday for Kane´s Wrath, Red Alert 3 and Zero hour come by and enjoy some games!

#3 Fried Chicken

Fried Chicken
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 05:51 AM

Players getting randomly kicked in the lobby before they start a game is smth we are aware off and are looking into however we are not a professional team of high-end developers, and we are like only a handful of people who try to keep this whole operation here going  so i cant promise you that we will be able to magically fix that since it can also because from a player side of things some small hiccups in the connection or siting in the lobby for ages can cause that i know and we know that this is a annoying bug but in the end its just a quick relog its not like you getting completely logged out of the game and then not being able to access multiplayer anymore

about the problems you stated with matchmaking etc. 
these issues are not caused by our servers since the connection you have is always peer to peer with that i mean everytihng what happens when you start a game or your are in game  so random disconnects, miss matches, and lags are not smth we can tackle due to it being peer to peer  

if you have anymore questions dont hesitate to ask and i will see if i can answer them 

Thank you so much.

I can't tell you how happy I am to have you guys keeping the servers going, as well as offering tech support etc.  I will donate more money as soon as it becomes available.  I cannot tell you how grateful I am that you've kept this game going in its original form.

Regarding the connection issue: that was just an example of how buggy Generals inherently is.  I know you can't do anything about that, or all those other examples, only the server kicking randomly bug.

Thank you again for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users