Photo

Can No Longer Build Base Defenses Around Oil Refineries.

base defenses oil refineries

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Soviet Reaper Dragon

Soviet Reaper Dragon
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 07:21 AM

Why is it no longer possible to build base defenses around assets like Oil Refineries or other Tech Buildings after they are captured?

#2 Eggrollz

Eggrollz
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 December 2021 - 12:07 PM

I guess that's because the mod makers decided it would be that way, since much older versions of MO u can no longer build base defenses around tech buildings like in the vanilla game

My very own C&C channel on youtube :thumbsuphappy: : https://www.youtube....XmKDAwiw/videos

#3 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 20 December 2021 - 10:34 AM

Except for the Tech Expansion Post, of course

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4 Soviet Reaper Dragon

Soviet Reaper Dragon
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 01:04 PM

I guess that's because the mod makers decided it would be that way, since much older versions of MO u can no longer build base defenses around tech buildings like in the vanilla game

This is just another example of them making the game more difficult for base defenders because if you capture an oil refinery the AI will just destroy it without you being able to stop them unless you have massed units then they just flood your base continually with wave after wave after they cut off your alternate sources of funding which makes it difficult to build units / base defenses for yourself to defend your base. That is just on the easy level of skirmish. The developers have completely changed the game and thrown it out of balance with change like this. 

#5 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 04:02 AM

The balance is only changed, not broken, and it's clearly never intended to be designed to be balanced on AI aside from the single player campaign, mainly because the AI cheats with infinite money and tech tree bypass anyways. The game being changed is a no-brainer already at this point. This mod is never intended to be played like vanilla YR.

If you don't like it, then it's clearly not for you.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#6 Soviet Reaper Dragon

Soviet Reaper Dragon
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:38 PM

The balance is only changed, not broken, and it's clearly never intended to be designed to be balanced on AI aside from the single player campaign, mainly because the AI cheats with infinite money and tech tree bypass anyways. The game being changed is a no-brainer already at this point. This mod is never intended to be played like vanilla YR.

If you don't like it, then it's clearly not for you.

I look at things from the perspective of clinical improvement which of course would not be improvement without balance, the same can be said about life...

For a mod the game is actually not too bad in a lot of aspects, however I am confused as to what exactly you mean when you state that this game was "never intended to be played like vanilla YR" and question how exactly in your opinion was it intended to be played?

#7 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 12:32 PM

Well for one, the common playstyles in YR was either tweaked or shunned completely, such as Rhino spam as Soviet (E02 : Accelerant actually made it a point that T1 tank spam in MO is considered amateur move). Turtling playstyles were very much discouraged by making defenses overall weaker. Spamming one type of units will not work in the mod because there are soft and hard counter (or at least that was supposed to be the case until very recent metas), among other things. The maps are also tweaked in that most of them are very much symmetrical and always include at least 1 Oil Derrick near your base.

Edited by Handepsilon, 05 January 2022 - 12:35 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#8 Soviet Reaper Dragon

Soviet Reaper Dragon
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 07:08 AM

Well for one, the common playstyles in YR was either tweaked or shunned completely, such as Rhino spam as Soviet (E02 : Accelerant actually made it a point that T1 tank spam in MO is considered amateur move). Turtling playstyles were very much discouraged by making defenses overall weaker. Spamming one type of units will not work in the mod because there are soft and hard counter (or at least that was supposed to be the case until very recent metas), among other things. The maps are also tweaked in that most of them are very much symmetrical and always include at least 1 Oil Derrick near your base.

It is easy to employ a turtling playstyle by building a good base defense consisting of walls of Soviet Battle Bunkers along with Soviet Flak Cannons and then building a few Soviet Wolfhounds to counter any artillery pieces or long-range infantry which may assault your base.

With regards to spamming one kind of unit, that certainly still works with Soviet Wolfhounds. I have used groups of 6 of them to simply destroy enemy bases building-by-building and unit-by-unit. This can easily also apply to Soviet Rhino Tanks.

Edited by Soviet Reaper Dragon, 07 January 2022 - 07:09 AM.

#9 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 03:28 AM

A quick reminder/note that the game is balanced based on PvP and not PvE, although Wolfhound itself has always been known for its' shenanigans. Turtling strats can work with AI because nothing is able to fix them from running through the defenses (although I'd add Hammer Defenses in)

Not sure about Rhino, but I did remember hearing things in Discord channel about them being powerful this current patch. Something about all-rounding Tesla stuff?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#10 CainStar

CainStar
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 07:51 AM

I do wish they would release a more singleplayer balance focused versio.

#11 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 02:21 PM

Considering the AI is inherently broken and cheaty, that's rather impossible

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#12 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Everyone dies....But not everyone truly LIVES

Posted 09 June 2022 - 06:54 AM

Theirs an option in the client menu to make oil derricks indestructible, you can always have that on and it won't be unfair when fighting ai

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users