Moving Fortress Plots and Adjusting Fortress Upgrades

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Uger

Mr Uger
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 07:51 AM

I've been changing the size of the fortresses and I love it! But the small 6 round plots around them (to build add-ons) did not auto adjust their distance with the scaled-up building and some plots are now buried under the fortresses and I can't click on or see them. How do I move the the plots out further away from the fortress?

Also, the final tower upgrade on Gondor's fortress is now very tall since I made the fortress larger and I want to shrink just that tower upgrade down in size. I cannot find the file or area to do that. Which file do I do that in?

Any help would be appreciated, I've been scouring the .ini files and cannot find where to make these adjustments.

Bonus topic: I'd also like to change some of the dropdown menu names in the Skirmish menu, is that possible? If so, how?

Thank you!

#2 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 24 January 2022 - 01:06 PM

How do I move the the plots out further away from the fortress?
Ans - get familiar with Base files , BSE files , base creation   .You have  to edit / create a base file with the adjusted plots 

or adjust actual model in Renx modeling program 

I want to shrink just that tower upgrade down in size

Ans - Adjust model in Renx , or rework the power as a Createobject module , like how a catapult is built , then adjust that object separately , the object being give art files like the tower 

Bonus topic: I'd also like to change some of the dropdown menu names in the Skirmish menu, is that possible? If so, how?

Ans - APT files , I think , most advanced mods do this , but I never had the need to so not sure exact steps 

Perhaps don’t go overboard on the size increase , try ; Scale  =  1.2 or 1.5 

PS - anyone have any idea why search function does not work ?

I can’t even search this forum for topic - Aragorn or anything lately 

#3 Mr Uger

Mr Uger
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 12:32 AM

Thanks so much for the quick reply!!

Yeah I thought that adjusting the fortress plots might have had something to do with the .bse files, I did it before a long time ago with some older mods but I can't remember how I did it. I thought I did it with either the program BASIC or the game's World Builder, but I tried both and the file opens with nothing in it or in the wrong language. So unless someone knows what I'm doing wrong I'll have to keep figuring that out.

For the tower upgrade, I could make the Gondor fortress smaller, it's currently scaled less than 1.5 actually, but the tower is still pretty tall. But that's good to know what I'm looking at modding-wise if I want to change that. Have no idea how to do what you're saying I need to do, but at least I know what I'm getting into.

As for editing the Skirmish menu, I have no idea how to open or manipulate .apt files for that either. But that's good to know that's where to do it...something I'd have to look into further as well.

Edited by Mr Uger, 25 January 2022 - 06:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users