27 replies to this topic

#21 NeoDraven

NeoDraven
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 03:33 AM

Changed the IP address : NO GO
Ticked Send Delay : NO GO

Turned off ever single Firewall I could think of (Windows, Defender, router) AND deactivated Avast, and still NO GO.

I can attempt to do the port thing, but I'm going to need a liitle guidance.  I can access my router settings and probably get to the menu where I have to enter those port settings, but which ones do I enter?

Edited by NeoDraven, 01 April 2022 - 07:50 PM.

#22 NeoDraven

NeoDraven
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 April 2022 - 08:52 PM

OK, so here is what I've surmised...

Both games are on our home network, so I attempted to connect them via LAN network (they are actually connected to the same LAN network, but via a router).  RESULT:  We can't even see each other to connect to a game.

I also tried connecting each of us individually to a random online game.  RESULT:  EUREKA!  It works!  In BOTH cases!  But we still can't connect to EACH OTHER!  (Frustrating as hell!!!)

So I then tried disconnecting one of the computers from the ethernet and connecting via WiFi to see if that didn't change anything, and nope.  Same result.

So I'm thinking maybe the problem is in either computer hosting (I tried hosting on both computers).  OR maybe the game won't connect two different games on the same IP address?

Your continued help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.  Attempted to do the port thing, except when I enter a port and save, when I go back in, the port is no longer there.

Edited by NeoDraven, 02 April 2022 - 08:53 PM.

#23 Cervanthes

Cervanthes

Minister of Member reeducation

• Division Leaders
  • 1,113 posts
  • Location:wherever command wants me to be youll usually find me around good beer and food
  • Projects:CCO/T3AO Servers, NatNeg, Launcher Replacement, Linux Support
  •  Asked a question but no answer yet? high chance that im not reachable atm, check our discord instead!
  • Division:CCO/T3AO & Revora
  • Job:Effectively Wall-E just for Revora & there is no god up here but me!
  • Donated

Posted 06 April 2022 - 05:27 PM

ill let medstar know that you responded

post-901776-1710002981.png

Join our Discord for Quicker and more fluent support! Join Here!!

#24 NeoDraven

NeoDraven
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 02:58 AM

A week has passed and no response.
In fact, I haven't had any follow-up on this problem since March 16th.
Can I expected any further assistance?  Shall I start a new thread?  Or has every avenue been exausted?

#25 Cervanthes

Cervanthes

• Division Leaders
  • 1,113 posts
  • Location:wherever command wants me to be youll usually find me around good beer and food
  •  Asked a question but no answer yet? high chance that im not reachable atm, check our discord instead!
  • Donated

Posted 16 April 2022 - 09:26 PM

i have bumped that to med but we all have our own careers and jobs that sometimes take all our time im sorry for that and apologise for any inconviences! 

you can come to our Discord and see if you can reach medstar there in a lucky minute in realtime alternatively can i also send you a DM as soon as we got some solution tested and to work 

#26 NeoDraven

NeoDraven
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 04:06 AM

Yet another several weeks have gone by without getting a single word of advice or guidance on how to resolve this issue.
Though I can sympathize and really understand online support having lives, it has now been over a month since getting any feedback.
So if I understand correctly, this forum is NOT the venue to request help with a C&C Online issue?
And I should attempt to reach tech support rather by Discord, correct?

Sorry.  I really don't mean to be brash, but it is getting a bit ridiculous.  I have clearly been either brushed aside or forgotten.

#27 Cervanthes

Cervanthes

• Division Leaders
  • 1,113 posts
  • Donated

Posted 01 May 2022 - 06:10 PM

Yet another several weeks have gone by without getting a single word of advice or guidance on how to resolve this issue.
Though I can sympathize and really understand online support having lives, it has now been over a month since getting any feedback.
So if I understand correctly, this forum is NOT the venue to request help with a C&C Online issue?
And I should attempt to reach tech support rather by Discord, correct?

Sorry.  I really don't mean to be brash, but it is getting a bit ridiculous.  I have clearly been either brushed aside or forgotten.

im genuinly sorry about that 

for these exotic issues where we need medstar yes it is better to come to the discord  
dw i have not forgotten you but its a issue i cant fix so i cant do more than keep reminding medstar but the lad has been kinda missing in action lately so its best to just ping him in the dc or dm him 

again im deeply sorry for it but i cant mind control peeps like yuri 

#28 Medstar

Medstar
  • Project Team
  • 50 posts
  •  Programmer/Help Team Member

Posted 27 May 2022 - 05:00 AM

I deeply apologize for my absence. College life has been brutal to me and has had me away from tech support.

If this issue is still persistent, please do the following:

If both of you are on the same network, then ONE of you needs to use a VPN so that both of you have your own public IP address. Basically, the servers are seeing you as the same person (even though you are on different computers/accounts); the VPN solves this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users