[RA3] Cannot Connect to Red Alert 3 Servers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stormkeeper

Stormkeeper
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 06:20 AM

While attempting to play Co-Op with my brother (both our clients were purchased on Steam), we encountered error 1-2. I browsed around the servers and it indicated this was because we were on the same network. To solve this I used my VPN; specifically WindScribe for which I have a Pro subscription. But when on Windscribe I encountered another error, which is "Cannot Connect to Red Alert 3 Servers". This I actually can't solve, hence this post.

I attempted to check if port 6667 was blocked; and the ping failed. The output is below.

PS C:\Users\User> test-netconnection peerchat.server.cnc-online.net -port 6667
WARNING: Name resolution of peerchat.server.cnc-online.net failed

ComputerName   : peerchat.server.cnc-online.net
RemoteAddress  :
InterfaceAlias :
SourceAddress  :
PingSucceeded  : False

I also ran the diagnostic tool that was in the "How to Report Issues " post.. The output is below.

Using server nntest.cnc-online.net:30000
Bound to local port 53979
Bound to local alternate port 53980
Resolving hostname 'nntest.cnc-online.net'...
Error in hostname_resolved: system:11002 This is usually a temporary error during hostname resolution and means that the local server did not receive a response from an authoritative server

I also uploaded the CnC Online Log in the temp folder.

It seems like my VPN is preventing hostname resolutions in some way that affects CnC Online. But my regular internet activity isn't affected in anyway; I even play MMOs on this VPN from time to time, and in fact this very post was made with the VPN active. I'm not sure how to fix this, so I would appreciate any help in that regard. 

To sum up, I used a VPN to attempt to play co-op with an individual located on the same server (in fact we sit on opposite sides of the same wall), using Steam clients, and found that I was no longer able to connect to CnC Online. I was able to connect without problems before the VPN, so I think it's some issue related to it, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

#2 Cervanthes

Cervanthes

Minister of Member reeducation

• Division Leaders
  • 1,113 posts
  • Location:wherever command wants me to be youll usually find me around good beer and food
  • Projects:CCO/T3AO Servers, NatNeg, Launcher Replacement, Linux Support
  •  Asked a question but no answer yet? high chance that im not reachable atm, check our discord instead!
  • Division:CCO/T3AO & Revora
  • Job:Effectively Wall-E just for Revora & there is no god up here but me!
  • Donated

Posted 20 March 2022 - 08:52 AM

your post falls into a time frame where we ran into some server issues if you could quickly check if your connection is still struggling with windsccribe and the changed IP that would be pretty good

post-901776-1710002981.png

Join our Discord for Quicker and more fluent support! Join Here!!

#3 Stormkeeper

Stormkeeper
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2022 - 05:53 PM

Hello. I apologize for the very delayed reply. I tried it again, and it appears to be working perfectly fine. No errors, and I was able to play for about 5-6 hours with minimal issues

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users