Photo

Red Alert 3 connection failed (1-2) or in progress with roomate.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kehny

kehny
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2022 - 10:04 PM

So I've been playing with a friend for a while with no issues, but i can't play with my roomate who uses the same modem as i do via ethernet cables. My roomate and I can match with others just fine, we just can't join the same match together. it says either connection failed (1-2) or in progress when we click begin match. Doesn't matter who hosts, if him, me or someone from outside.

Anyone had this issue? Remember, I can play against anyone except for my roomate. So my version is fine, my internet is fine, firewall is fine. Everything works EXCEPT against this one person that shares my modem.

I could try lan but that'd exclude whoever is not in my house. That wouldn't help.

#2 Meskalero

Meskalero
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2022 - 04:08 AM

We are having the same issue with generals evolution. sgor on the discord channel says you can't play behind the same router, one of you (or both) need a vpn, thye recommend windscribe... we tried that, no success.

Then one of us goes online via cell phone, so we use separated internet connections: partially successful, I can host and my friend can connect, but NOT vice versa...

But at the same time, we successfully joined another player's game, even together.

We've even pulled the cabes, both using cell phones, still the same. I can join any other player, but not my room mate, as if the game magically detects we're next to each other and then kicks us, haha. We were on different connections!

weird...

#3 kehny

kehny
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2022 - 03:20 PM

I can assure you VPNs did not help at all.

#4 xads

xads

title available

• Project Team
  • 347 posts
  •  Tech support

Posted 13 April 2022 - 02:04 PM

It is actually as Meskalero said, you cannot both play on the same network and be able to connect online, either one of you has to use a vpn for which windscribe is recommended as it is compatible with the game, just make sure that the in-game ip starts with 10 while using windscribe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users