Below is a list of common issues and their solutions.
Only make a new thread if your issue is not listed here, none of the solutions work, or you do not understand the solutions.
This list is updated as issues arise.
NOTE: Please read the following carefully before posting. If you don't do this and your problem is one of the problems solved here, WE WILL ONLY REDIRECT YOU HERE.
IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH GENERALS OR ZERO HOUR, WE DO NOT USE THE LAUNCHER FOR GENERALS AND ZERO HOUR (IF YOU HAVE HOOKED IT, UNHOOK FIRST) and INSTALL GENTOOL. You can then launch your game normally and connect to the server. If your issues persist, read on.
- Before you attempt any of these fixes, make sure that you have followed and done this:
Hooking procedure: Open the C&C:Online Launcher
On the Top left side of the launcher will you see a small button labeled hook
Click the hook button
In the now visible menu, click the game you want to hook
Close the C&C:Online Launcher
Start up your game trough Origin, Steam, GOG, or your DVD Shortcut
before the game boots, the C&C:Online launcher should open
There you click the game you want to play (IT HAS TO BE HOOKED FOR THIS)
the launcher will now start to start up your game, please note that it might take some time and even show "not responding" give it some time
note: especially Red Alert 3 takes a really long time to start on first startup, you can make it go faster after its first properly startup
- When I launch my game using the C&C:Online launcher, I get the following error: "CA public key patching routine failed"
Solution: Set Steam, Origin or your DVD Game shortcut and the C&C:Online Launcher to launch as administrator, make sure to follow the Hooking procedure.
- When I launch my game, I'm getting the following error: Missing Required file "Ssleay32.dll".
Solution: When you encounter this issue, make sure that you have followed the Hooking procedure, in some cases will you have to deactivate your Antivirus Software as it might block the hooking process.
- I bought the games on Origin and the C&C:Online launcher keeps saying the installation cannot be found. Or: You can not login.
Make sure to run the game with admin rights. Also unhook your game again as we don't use the launcher for ZH or Generals
Solution 1 (Generals & Zero Hour):
1) Install and run Genpatcher DOWNLOAD GENPATCHER HERE
2) apply Genpatcher's general Fixes
3) install Gentool trough Genpatcher
4) apply Genpatcher's Network Fixes
5) Launch your game and use your C&C:Online credentials to log in. Gentool has C&C:Online support built in.
Solution 2 (C&C3 & RA3): Go into Origin, click the game (in this case either C&C3 or RA3), click the settings button to the left of "play". Click "Game Properties" and check the box "Disable Origin in game" afterwards DOWNLOAD and apply Medstar's Fixed Launchers Only if you are using the Origin Ultimate Collection
- I'm having trouble using C&C:Online with Steam.
Solution: Make sure that you are following the Hooking procedure
1. If that does not work, set Steam and C&C:Online to launch as Administrator
2. After you hooked your game, you can Click the hook menu again and check if there is a small Tick next to the hooked game name
3. Check if your Antivirus contained any files from C&C:Online, as some AVs (Looking at you Norton Antivirus) like to bully C&C:Online and quarantine files from it.
4. If all fails create a support Topic and one of our specialists will help you.
LOG IN ISSUES
- I get the following error when logging in: 'the transaction timed out without receiving a response'.
Solution: This usually happens when you're logging in with your old nickname (the one used on GameSpy). You'll have to make a claim here to get that back. We do this avoid impersonation. In the meantime, use a different nickname.
- Upon login, the game says: "The specified account or sub-account wasn't found".
Solution: Make sure you have set up a Server Login and that you're using the right information to log in (you can check under My Account on the website).
- For Generals, Zero Hour and Red Alert 3, your account name is the E-mail Address you used to register.
- For C&C3 and Kane's Wrath, your account name is the Server Login name displayed under My Account on the website.
- When I try to log in, I get the following error: 'user supplied an incorrect password'.
Solution 1: This can be caused by two things. Most commonly this happens when you don't use the C&C:Online Password but the password you used to create your Revora account. Make sure you use the Server Password displayed under My Account.
Solution 2: This has been reported to happen when the nickname you are attempting to use is too long.
Solution 3: It is possible that you may be using a Foreign Version of Windows, possibly trigger the wrong characters or keyboard layout while attempting to login.
Please log into the website and change the Server Account Password to numbers only and give it another try. If still out of luck and believe something might be wrong with your account, please make a support topic here for further assistance. (Credits to ToxicShock for figuring this out)
- Upon login, the game says: 'The specified Online ID or account name is already in use'.
Solution: Your nickname has probably been reserved. You need to claim your old nicknames. Activating them takes some time. Read the pinned topics. It can also be that a different user already is using a profile with the name you tried to use, in this case you will have to settle on a different nickname.
- Upon login, the game says: 'Your nickname is bugged as '1' and will forbid online gaming'.
Solution: This happens when your account name (your Revora Log In name) has forbidden characters. Please make a thread to request a Log In name change.
- In Red Alert 3(Origin Version), I keep getting the 'Registry is corrupt and has been altered' error notice after logging in and immediately disconnects after.
Solution: This appears to be a common issue occurring in the Origin Version and apparently even some Steam users of Red Alert 3. The issue is related to missing License Key information in Windows's Registry. The fix can be found in this pinned topic.
- I have trouble connecting to people online (this seems to happen in RA3 the most)
Solution 1: If you got the game(s) through The Ultimate Collection bundle, DOWNLOAD THIS to prevent connection issues to people that don't have The Ultimate Collection.
Solution 2: If you have any VPNs running, make sure to either deactivate them or you can try to switch to the VPNs IP in the Game's Network Options
Solution 3: Make sure that your firewall is not Blocking the C&C:Online Launcher, Your game or Gentool. (Google can help you find out how you can check if your firewall is blocking something)
Solution 5a: [NOT FOR RA3] Port forwarding: If, when starting a game, your connection always times out, try this:
Lists of Ports that the Games use in case you need it:
- Open UDP port 16000 in your router settings. Go here if you don't know how. Use this to check if your port was succesfully opened.
- In the game go to Options > Network and enter 16000 as the static port.
Solution 5b: [RA3 ONLY] Removing the static port: If, when starting a game in RA3, your connection always times out, try the following:
Find your game's Options.ini (this can be found by typing %appdata% in the Windows search bar and opening the game's folder there). Open Options.ini and remove the following line:
FirewallPortOverride = 16000
Then save Options.ini and set it to read only (right click > properties).
List of the Ports RA3 uses in case you need them:
TCP 3783 (Voice Chat Port)
TCP 4321 (Mangler Servers)
TCP 28900 (Master Server List Request)
TCP 29900 (GP Connection Manager)
TCP 29901 (GP Search Manager)
TCP 16000 (Revora/CnC Online)
(OPTIONAL, APPARENTLY) TCP: 6660-6669 (Unknown?)
UDP 6500 (Query Port)
UDP 6515 (Dplay UDP)
UDP 13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
UDP 27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
UDP 16000 (Revora/CnC Online)
Solution 6: Try opening your DMZ in your router settings. More information on how to do this can be found here.
For people using the TG799vn v2 Router have a look here -> http://forums.revora...ks-with-a-link/
- I registered with Facebook, what is my username for logging into the games?
Solution: Your username is your Facebook name. If this name is too long, make a thread asking for us to change it into something shorter.
- I want to run the game in windowed mode or pass other arguments
Solution: Select your game shortcut. Add -win after the path in Target (right click shortcut > properties). Then use the hooking menu to hook your game and use your -win shortcut.
- Generals and Zero Hour don't work on Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.
Solution: You'll have to create an Options.ini file before launching the game. A detailed guide on this issue can be found here.
Edited by ZF_Cervanthes, 12 June 2022 - 07:49 PM.