"The host has left the game"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kreigar

Kreigar
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2022 - 05:15 AM

Me and several friends just bought Red Alert 3 on the Steam Summer Sale.  We then downloaded the 0.3 beta of Command and Conquer: Evolution mod.  We launch the game with the GenEvo Launcher.  It's great solo, but every time we try to host and join each other's games, we get "The host has left the game".

We've seen lots of questions about this issue online, but no solutions.  Anyone have any ideas?

#2 ZF_Cervanthes

ZF_Cervanthes

God Emperor of Technical Support

• Division Leaders
  • 833 posts
  • Projects:CNC:Online-MP, CNC-Modmail, Network and Con fixes, Anti scam and phish Systems
  •  Sir TypeAlot That Nurd from C&C:Online (Warning there might be a textwall incoming)
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:The guy you call if something goes sideways

Posted 05 July 2022 - 11:29 AM

could you confirm if the error happens with vanilla RA3 as well?

Me? ha! I'm just your average Tech Support doing stuff for the CNC Community but as you are reading this here anyway, let me give you more to read.

Foremost, if you need to reach me quickly here DM me on Discord Cervanthes#3136 CNC:Online also has their own Official Support Discord where you can get help in Real Time.

I do some developing here and there and have my hands in too much stuff ranging from Game development to Work on Anti scam and phish Systems and Manage Systems and communities as a hobby.

My Stuff is run and powered by some pretty pog peeps over at Constructive Tyranny and the living Legend himself HostEZ

#3 Pogobuckel

Pogobuckel
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2022 - 08:52 PM

Though I'm not the thread starter, I can confirm that. We have the same problem here. Strangest things happen... I can connect to other players, but I cannot connect to my friend. We both DO own legit copies of the game.

Even on separate internet connections, we either get "The host has left the game" (when I try to enter HIS game), or Connection problems 1-2 we he joins my game. At least JOINING works, but only in "one direction".

Very confused...

#4 ZF_Cervanthes

ZF_Cervanthes

God Emperor of Technical Support

• Division Leaders
  • 833 posts
  • Projects:CNC:Online-MP, CNC-Modmail, Network and Con fixes, Anti scam and phish Systems
  •  Sir TypeAlot That Nurd from C&C:Online (Warning there might be a textwall incoming)
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:The guy you call if something goes sideways

Posted 24 August 2022 - 09:20 AM

this should do the trick

Though I'm not the thread starter, I can confirm that. We have the same problem here. Strangest things happen... I can connect to other players, but I cannot connect to my friend. We both DO own legit copies of the game.

Even on separate internet connections, we either get "The host has left the game" (when I try to enter HIS game), or Connection problems 1-2 we he joins my game. At least JOINING works, but only in "one direction".

Very confused...

https://gist.github....fd0fa2ba48276fe

Me? ha! I'm just your average Tech Support doing stuff for the CNC Community but as you are reading this here anyway, let me give you more to read.

Foremost, if you need to reach me quickly here DM me on Discord Cervanthes#3136 CNC:Online also has their own Official Support Discord where you can get help in Real Time.

I do some developing here and there and have my hands in too much stuff ranging from Game development to Work on Anti scam and phish Systems and Manage Systems and communities as a hobby.

My Stuff is run and powered by some pretty pog peeps over at Constructive Tyranny and the living Legend himself HostEZ

#5 Pogobuckel

Pogobuckel
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2022 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it doesn't work. We tried that before, now again, and it still shows the exact same behaviour... any more ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users