Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 03 July 2004 - 07:01 PM

Me then

Come on, try navigating the forum and looking for a forum. You always go on about being user friendly. Its not user friendly to have them in a mess. New members might be looking for one and might take them a while.

#22 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 03 July 2004 - 07:07 PM

My suggestion: categorise the projects according to game, but keep them ordered as they are, according to postcount.

That won't work properly, because few of the project forums are dedicated to teams, who might be working on mods/projects for different games. I.e.: David Hunter Series (or something like that)
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#23 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2004 - 07:12 PM

Then projects like that would go under their own heading. :umad:

#24 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 03 July 2004 - 07:16 PM

What will happen when we get IPB is, we have categories like Generals Mods, RA2 Mods, TS Mods, etc. And all single projects just say on their own in the Game Mod cat rather than in a sub cat.

#25 Deathblow Luc

Deathblow Luc

Unique

• Undead
  • 3,768 posts
  • Division:Ex - Network Leader

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:22 PM

That should shorten bandwidth consumption and loading types, but at the same time keep us scrolling less tme to get to the last forum in the list :D

Me is happy, there are 46 forums alphabetically ordered under the Project area. Hail me for ordering them :umad:

Margret Thatcher - Fenring's the one for me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#26 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:30 PM

This allright for the moment, but when there's categories, I hope you're not going to make sub-forums, 'cause they're a nuisance. Better just make categories but keep the mod forums on the main forum page.

#27 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:35 PM

This allright for the moment, but when there's categories, I hope you're not going to make sub-forums, 'cause they're a nuisance. Better just make categories but keep the mod forums on the main forum page.

What you been smoking? lol :umad:

We are going to make sub cats, to lower bandwidth consumption and server load. The page is too big as it is. So we do need to make sub cats. Sub cats are a must.

#28 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:44 PM

I think all of the DH Series stuff is currently clean, excepting this thread, which is missing the latter few messages;
http://forums.revora...?showtopic=3063

We definitely need new smileys, but I also noticed that in a lot of threads, the old ones are still visible :shock:!

I think the best option is to group mod projects together by the game their modded on (and then put multiple games together as another category).

Then you can put the subcatagorised into order of postcount.

#29 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:56 PM

I think all of the DH Series stuff is currently clean, excepting this thread, which is missing the latter few messages;
http://forums.revora...?showtopic=3063

We definitely need new smileys, but I also noticed that in a lot of threads, the old ones are still visible :shock:!

I think the best option is to group mod projects together by the game their modded on (and then put multiple games together as another category).

Then you can put the subcatagorised into order of postcount.

Most of the topics seem fine to me in DH.

I uploaded VB smilies. I think they are absolutely fine. I hate IPB smilies or any other smilies. VB r00les :umad:

We will categorise them into the games they are modding but i still think its best to have alphabetical order. Its more organised and easier for navigation. ... More user friendly....

#30 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:21 PM

Personally, I find it more user friendly to keep the biggest (and therefore best?) projects towards the top of the associated category non?

when categories are much smaller, alphabetical order isn't so much of an issue, as there'll only be a handful of projects to flick through anyway.

#31 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 04 July 2004 - 08:59 AM

Yeah but then thats favouritism. Its not nessercarily fair saying that a project is better than another project because it has more posts. I could posts hundreds of SPAM topics in TA staff just to get it up the list. The system does not work and is unfair. Everyone needs to be equal and it also needs to be easy to use, thus alphabetical is the best way to do it.

#32 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 04 July 2004 - 05:50 PM

If you posts hundreds of spam posts I will smack you with a wet fish, use the Mod CP to delete them all and put you back in your rightful place. I think once we get the sub cats, going by post count would be best.
:p
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#33 Deathblow Luc

Deathblow Luc

Unique

• Undead
  • 3,768 posts
  • Division:Ex - Network Leader

Posted 04 July 2004 - 05:57 PM

http://forums.revora...t=0

Im guessing the missing posts are not linked to threads and appear spontaneously on ocassions while creating a thread.

If possible, 167 should be added to the post count for the forum that is in for consistency. (3 Pages and almost 300 posts makes it look like there are a hell of 0 post threads, while there werent)

Margret Thatcher - Fenring's the one for me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#34 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:01 PM

We will see.

#35 Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep
  • Project Team
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 09:32 AM

I don't know if you have seen the option in the AsminCP that allows you to rebuild the posts so the pre-upgrading smilies will come back. Somewhere in the administration section. That'll help you with the red Xes.

Also, and this has alrealy been mentioned, some topic staring posts are missing.

#36 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:20 PM

My apologies if this has allready been reported by I am experiencing one very frustrating bug...

Everytime I go from Login => Any other Forum I get logged out.. making it impossible for me to view and staff forums I might be associated with...

Any help would be appreciated

#37 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:22 PM

I apologise.. I realised not that it had logged me out again. I (and "me above") Is Skywaters.

Thanks

#38 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:41 PM

There does not appear to be anything wrong with your forum account.

Click here then try logging in again.
If that does not work, please tell us as much about your system as you can (browser, security settings, anti-virus programs, anti-spybot programs or any other fluf that may get in the way).

#39 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:25 PM

Still not working..

Before I go into system specs I was having a similar problem with Google and my cookies. I adjusted ZAP's (Something I've never had to do before) Cookie settings and it works fine. I've checked them now and nothing is "sus"

Browser: I.E. 6.0 + SP1
Security Settings: Custom (Cookies are enabled though)
Anti-Virus: AVG 6.0
Anti-Spybot: SpySweeper (Not 'Finding' Anything evil re: Revora though)
Firewall: Zone Alarm Pro

Now are you ready for what blows the mind. I'm on the front page now (on a different window) to test something and I was right. When I do that I can go to a topic.. but the second I reply with Add (and not fast) or go anywhere else I get logged out...

~S/Waters

#40 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:52 PM

It really sounds like a cookie problem to me. Try enabling cookies for this site globally in IE. I'm using IE 6.0 with SP2, and have no problems. Check also to see if ZoneAlarm has anything blocked for cookies and such.
:dry:
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users