Size of units

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mex_Flaxtz

Mex_Flaxtz
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 12:22 AM

I wanted to open this topic because while u play u dont really appreciate the detail and hard work of the units the mod has.

The models are awesome but too small in my opinion. Its a big visual improvement that actually exists in bfme2, bfme 2 units are bigger than in ROTWK and thats why it looks much more beautiful, appart from the better visual effects. I guess a 10% or a 15% bigger would be enough, if there is a problem regarding structures buildings can be slightly bigger too.

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 14 August 2022 - 12:06 PM

Sounds like a great idea for a submod. Then *you* can go through each and every unit, scale them up, and go through each and every building, scale them up, and then recalculate every part of every building's geometry to be 10-15% bigger, and then you can remake the AI bases that may very well break due to lack of room.

Or you can just zoom in a little.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Mex_Flaxtz

Mex_Flaxtz
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 August 2022 - 09:45 PM

I have no idea of how easy or difficult it can be, it was just a suggestion. In bfme2 some important unit models (for example most heroes) are bigger than the normal units and, in general, models are very well apreciated and loved (due to a higher size or a bigger size distinction), and of course u will see the models better on closer zoom but this affects the gameplay in terms of macro and its relevant. 

These things cause a well looking impression i personally like a lot, it was only a suggestion in case it could be interesting in some way, as i dont have idea about coding this game. 

Thanks for ur answer jajaj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users