Photo

[Generals Zero hour] "Could not connect to C&C Generals Zero Hour Online" notification is shown when logging in to online play

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CRaZY_NiNjA

CRaZY_NiNjA
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 12:29 PM

Hey,

I was following Revora tutorial on YouTube, and after I've set up everything, I've got the "Could not connect to C&C Generals Zero Hour Online" notification when logging in to online play.

It's strange because I did the same thing for a laptop and it connects in a second, while on my desktop, it hangs a bit and then I get this error. Different users where used. 

So, here is what I did:

1. On desktop PC Windows 10, I have ultimate collection of C&C from Origin. On a laptop Windows 10, I have a copy of C&C Generals Zero hour.

2. Installed Generals Zero hour

3. Downloaded GenPatcher and through it, I did the following:

• Applied fixes;
  • Installed GenTool;
  • Installed ControlBar;
  • Installed GenLauncher;
  • Turned ON for borderless window mode;
  • Turned ON for Launch the game in a window when playing via GameRanger (tried using it for online as well);
  • Installed maps;
  • Turned ON for Network optimization to help connect with other players;
  • Turned ON Launch the game in a window when playing via GameRanger.

4. Went to https://cnc-online.net/ and created account (actually two of them: one for desktop PC, other for laptop).

5. On both, desktop and laptop, I've started the game -> Multiplayer -> Online -> Entered all information from accounts that I've created and clicked Login.

6. For desktop, I'm getting the "Could not connect to C&C Generals Zero Hour Online" notification, while for laptop it logins without issues.

Could you please help me out or at least point me to what can I try more/different?

Thanks!

#2 noob_player

noob_player
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:51 AM

I have the same issue as you... for some reason, even after everything I did as shown in the tutorials and reading some guids on this site, I was not able tu run the game online. Please help!

#3 CRaZY_NiNjA

CRaZY_NiNjA
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 09:02 PM

I have the same issue as you... for some reason, even after everything I did as shown in the tutorials and reading some guids on this site, I was not able tu run the game online. Please help!

Hey, I've uninstalled everything, installed again everything that I mentioned in the first post, and I can log in with previously created user.
Not sure what was the problem previously, but it works now.  :w00t:

Edited by CRaZY_NiNjA, 28 September 2022 - 09:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users