why do i need a vpn

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kapisrapi1243

kapisrapi1243
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 08:39 PM

any time i want to join a lobby everyone instantly says i need a vpn if i want to play.. but why? i have a very good internet connection

#2 jigao

jigao
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 08:26 AM

me too

#3 Cervanthes

Cervanthes

Minister of Member reeducation

• Division Leaders
  • 1,113 posts
  • Location:wherever command wants me to be youll usually find me around good beer and food
  • Projects:CCO/T3AO Servers, NatNeg, Launcher Replacement, Linux Support
  •  Asked a question but no answer yet? high chance that im not reachable atm, check our discord instead!
  • Division:CCO/T3AO & Revora
  • Job:Effectively Wall-E just for Revora & there is no god up here but me!
  • Donated

Posted 31 December 2022 - 02:18 AM

regarding my general lack of sleep i will try my best to explain it so you can understand me there

ipv6 and ipv4 are internet protocolls

ipv4 is an 32 but ip protocoll while ipv6 is 64bits and above  while you where able to connect without errors  it can happens  that cerain pathways in your connection changes ( since ipv6 is dynamic and can sometimes match a ipv4 protocoll)  but it is most likely that the chnage in your connectoin pathway now seems to bully the game    you may be always able to conect to lobbys and genrals online but the connection between different devices and user in a match is strugglin if your game is trying to connect to an intern ip adress which is not matching an ipv4 protocoll that means that the p2p connection there will be denied or just get lost in the process   the vpn (windscribe) can solve that since its an  ipv4 supporting vpn which is able to help in 2 ways

1. it can create an tunnel network with isolated ipv4 protocolls so you have an 32 bit only connection (note a few evices or routers cant handle that or just deny that xD because they are bullys)

2. you can have windscribe on with ipv4&6 which alows ipv6 protocolls to happen and to transfer but the tunnel network will mostly use ipv4 protocolls or match the existing ipv6 ones to ipv4

3. so if ipv4 does not work use ipv6

if you have anymore questions let me know

post-901776-1710002981.png

Join our Discord for Quicker and more fluent support! Join Here!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users